ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dell today announced a new endpoint security suite that helps businesses of all sizes protect devices from malware attacks, secure data and meet compliance requirements. The Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite (DDP | ESS) delivers threat protection, authentication and data encryption with a single management console in an integrated, easy-to-deploy solution. DDP | ESS is compatible with Dell and non-Dell systems, making Dell the first Tier 1 technology provider to develop endpoint security software which can be used on all workplace devices.
“Every business needs to protect their company data, and this has become more challenging in a world where external threats and compliance requirements are on the rise,” said Brett Hansen, executive director of end user computing software and mobility at Dell. “At Dell, we listened to customer feedback and developed a solution that makes it easier for all businesses, even those with smaller and less specialized IT teams, to protect their workforce devices and generate compliance reports to help prove that sensitive data remains secure. It’s part of our commitment to be the most secure, manageable and reliable end-to-end IT solutions provider in the industry.”
DDP | ESS is available as a stand-alone software offering for both Dell and non-Dell hardware, and as an integrated offering with Dell commercial laptops, desktops and tablets. Installing DDP | ESS on Dell clients provides greater security due to unique hardware-software integration and the simplest deployment process via “out of the box” capabilities. This security suite makes Dell the only Tier 1 technology provider offering customers a single source for purchase and support of hardware as well as a fully integrated endpoint security solution.
Giving Businesses a Cohesive Security Solution
With more data being circulated outside the direct control of IT departments, businesses need to ensure their security infrastructure detects and defends against malware, and encrypts data so it’s protected no matter where it goes while allowing IT to maintain encryption keys and control. In addition to strong authentication, encryption and threat protection, DDP | ESS addresses security compliance requirements by providing:
- Consolidated Management and Compliance Reporting: DDP | ESS minimizes the time and resources needed to manage endpoint security by allowing companies to remotely manage all components using a single, non-disruptive console capable of generating consolidated status and compliance reports
- Easy Setup and Deployment: DDP | ESS is delivered via a single client install process and provides a virtual appliance management server for quick deployment, including a wizard-based process to further simplify setup and configuration
- Built in Security Expertise: Pre-set policy and report templates help resource constrained IT teams generate compliance reports. Because the complexity of compliance reporting is dramatically reduced, even small IT departments lacking in-house security experts can prove data was encrypted and avoid costly fines and damaged reputations
- Greater Flexibility: DDP | ESS is an extremely flexible solution with support for centrally managed authentication and a broad range of data protection, including hardware- and software-based encryption. A single management console supports best-of-breed encryption capabilities including removable media protection and advanced port controls, Microsoft BitLocker and Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) management, and Dell exclusive Hardware Crypto Accelerator with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation – the highest level available for a disk encryption solution
- Simple to Use: Unlike many competing offerings, DDP | ESS puts IT and user experience at the forefront. The suite is transparent to end users and promotes a consistent management experience to improve overall productivity
DDP | ESS integrates the leading endpoint protection from throughout the Dell Data Protection portfolio providing businesses with authentication, encryption and threat protection across both Dell and non-Dell devices. The suite furthers Dell’s commitment to deliver the world’s most complete endpoint security offering and provides businesses with a solution that enables a mobile workforce to be productive and is simple for businesses to deploy and monitor.
- Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite is available now. Please visit www.dell.com/dataprotection for details.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.