UNION CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Finelite, Inc., a leading manufacturer of high performance lighting systems takes home the award for “Best Renovation/Retrofit” for the Boston Logan International Airport – Terminal B project. Additional awards were given to the E1-Indirect Configuration LED pendant luminaire, and the Series 11 LED Micro Flex and Micro Profile cove luminaires. Winners were announced in this month’s issue of Architectural SSL and featured products and projects that judges considered “the most innovative LED/ solid-state luminaires and fixtures on the market.”
Category: Best Renovation/Retrofit
- Winner: The Boston Logan International Airport Terminal B Renovation by Collaborative Lighting, LLC, using Finelite’s HP-4 Direct LED luminaire
- The lighting design uses a 600-foot-long luminaire providing seamless, continuous illumination through multiple ceiling conditions, and daylight zones.
Judges Comments: “A nice, clean appearance with a stylish fixture totally appropriate for the space. Terrific job--what's most appealing about this application is that one can't tell it’s LED! I also like that this is a very mainstream space and not the more exotic projects where we more frequently see LED in action.”
Finelite congratulates Collaborative Lighting, LLC, Wayne J. Griffin Electric, Inc., and AECOM for the vision and attention to detail that made this project a success.
Category: General Ambient
- Winner: E1-Indirect Configuration LED pendant luminaire
- The E1-I has a one-inch-square cross-section and minimalist rectilinear shape that redefines what is possible in general ambient lighting.
Judges’ comments: “Overall, a nice product - sleek and stylish, with performance; Attention to color temperature consistency - good job; 10-Year warranty is great! A stand-out in the industry.”
Category: Cove/Linear/Wall Wash
- Winner: Series 11 LED Micro Flex and Micro Profile LED cove luminaires
- The Micro Flex Cove luminaire is ideal for curved cove structures. 12" segments are joined using quick-connect low-voltage cables that allow flexing in any direction.
- The Micro Profile Cove has a telescoping option that gives contractors a flexible 12 additional inches of light engine to achieve a custom fit with uniform illumination.
Judges Comments: About the Micro Flex, “Very nice product. Offers an excellent alternative to T5 and T8 fluorescent coves as well as flexibility due to radius coves; This is an excellent addition to the LED offerings for architectural cove lighting.” Regarding the Micro Profile, “An excellent cove light with options for telescoping extension, and over 100,000 hours life; [Unique ID numbers on every luminaire for] tracking is a good feature.”
For more than twenty years, Finelite has delivered award-winning innovations in lighting technology and design and set new standards for performance, sustainability, value and customer service in the lighting industry. Finelite's core mission is to develop more energy-efficient lighting solutions and products for offices, educational and healthcare facilities. The company works in partnership with the California Energy Commission, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and others to develop best practices in lighting to achieve maximum energy savings. At Finelite’s U.S.-based manufacturing facility, they continuously examine ways to eliminate waste through product design, lean manufacturing, and corporate practices, and have been nationally recognized for these sustainability efforts. For more information please visit www.finelite.com.
About The Architectural SSL Product Innovation Awards (PIA)
The Architectural SSL Product Innovation Awards (PIA) determine and honor the most innovative LED/ solid-state luminaires and fixtures on the market, while also recognizing the companies behind the components that make up these light sources. The PIA program also recognizes leaders in categories ranging from those conducting cutting-edge R+D, to those helping in the development of standards as well as those pushing to make solid-state lighting a truly sustainable technology.