MELBOURNE, Victoria--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will highlight its expanding presence in the global aviation marketplace at the 2015 Avalon Airshow, stand #3F4, Feb. 24-March 1, 2015, Geelong, Australia. Senior executives will be available to discuss the company’s establishment of its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters, expansion of its global aviation solutions business and its integrated electronic warfare systems.
Among the Exelis topics of discussion and capabilities on display, the company will highlight:
- Expansion of the Exelis global aviation solutions business: Exelis continues to grow its global portfolio, including the 2014 acquisition of the Orthogon business, based in Bremen, Germany, from Barco N.V. in August 2014. Exelis Orthogon provides global surveillance, traffic flow management, and integrated communications to some of the world’s busiest airports including Doha, Qatar; Hong Kong; Istanbul; London; and Singapore. The global aviation solutions business spans VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) communication products, air traffic queue optimization solutions, large-scale terrestrial aircraft surveillance networks and space-based surveillance constellations.
- Establishment of Exelis Australia HQ: Exelis has established its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters in Melbourne, Australia. Exelis turned on the building signage lights to its office location on Melbourne’s prominent business boulevard, St. Kilda Road, on Wednesday. The facility expands the company's continued research and development of emerging solutions in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics and electronic warfare for the global aerospace, defense and resource industries. Established in close coordination with the Victorian government, the facility was designed specifically to support both local and export opportunities for Australian-developed technology, testing and systems integration.
- Airservices Australia extends airport communications contract: Exelis has been awarded another contract extension by Airservices Australia to provide its voice communications system to airports nationwide. The Exelis system, called SwitchplusIP® Alarmon®, integrates all airport voice communications for the Aviation Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) services and alarm and telemetry monitoring. The system also automates processes and procedures for responding to critical events faced by the ARFF at the airport. The Exelis SwitchplusIP system operates at all major airports within Australia and has grown to a total of 28 sites over the seven years of operation.
- Integrated Electronic Warfare Systems: Exelis will display its advanced integrated countermeasures systems, the ALQ-214. The system is deployed on the Royal Australian Air Force’s F/A-18F Super Hornet aircraft. It blends sensitive receivers and active countermeasures to form an electronic shield designed to protect the aircraft from detection. The ALQ-214 engages any fired threats to the aircraft to ensure mission success.
|Tuesday, Feb. 24-Thursday, Feb. 26, 2015|
|Avalon 2015 – Australian International Airshow & Defence Exposition|
|Exelis stand #3F4|
|Avalon Airport – Building 53|
|80 Beach Road|
|Lara, VIC 3212|
Who: The following senior leaders will be available to discuss Exelis capabilities, news announcements and aviation programs:
- Richard Sorelle, executive vice president and president, Electronic Systems
- Ed Sayadian, vice president of Civil & Aerospace Systems
- Peter Harrison, managing director, Exelis C4i
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. Exelis is a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Exelis employs approximately 10,000 people and generated 2014 sales of approximately $3.25 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.