DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w996n8/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Biosimilars Industry 2015" report to their offering.
The report is a comprehensive and detailed coverage of the Global Biosimilars Industry - including a statistical as well as strategic view of the complete market.
Biosimilar is a term used to describe officially approved subsequent versions of innovator biopharmaceutical products made by a different sponsor following patent and exclusivity expiry on the innovator product. In 2009 alone, the total market caliber in US and five major European nations for biosimilars was $150.4 million and expanded to $198 million in the next 12 months which followed. It is also greatly anticipated that by 2015 the market worth of biosimilars is going to stretch up to $51 billion.
Even after the sanction of its pathways in US, EU and Japan and its growing capitalization, all of which help drive the biosimilar uptake, there still remain many detrimentals for it to achieve commercial success in developed markets. The exigency for cost-effective treatments still remains an issue to deal with. Concerns revolving comparability, brand loyalty, dearth of substitutes and competition from second generation brands are the crucial matters of contention for biosimilar market. Taking into account the emerging markets in countries such as Brazil, Russia, India and China, low purchasing power teamed with high proportion of out-of-pocket expense and not to mention brand loyalty, all hamper the growth of biosimilar market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. What are Biosimilars?
3. Emergence of Biosimilars
4. Industry Definition
5. Overview of the Biopharmaceutical Industry
6. Global Biosimilars Market Statistics
7. Key Success Factors for Biosimilars
8. Factors Impacting the Global Biosimilars Industry
9. Biosimilar Market Drivers & Challenges
10. Regulatory Framework
11. Factors Determining Market Entry in the Global Biosimilar Industry
12. Biosimilar Approval Pathways in the US and Europe
13. Competitive Landscape
14. Analysis of Major Biosimilars
15. Upcoming Patent Expiries and Opportunities for Biosimilars
16. Strategies of Big Pharma to Combat Biosimilars
17. Country-wise Biosimilar Market Analysis
18. Major Industry Players
- Biocon Limited
- Biopartners Gmbh
- Celltrion Inc
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
- Hospira Inc
- Intas Biopharmaceuticals
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd.
- Reliance Life Sciences
- STADA Arzneimittel AG
- Sandoz International
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Watson Pharmaceuticals3SBio Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w996n8/global