CHANHASSEN, Minn. & WESTWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Officials from Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Companysm (NYSE:LTM) today announced the planned summer 2015 opening of the company’s first exquisite sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa resort in Massachusetts. Life Time Athletic Westwood will be located at 44 Harvard Street in Westwood, MA. The comprehensive, family-friendly destination is part of the new University Station development.
A dedicated Preview Center is now open at 315 University Ave., Suite 2200, and offers a comprehensive sneak peek of Life Time Athletic Westwood and its resort-like amenities, services and programs. Exclusive Founder’s Membership opportunities, which provide for access to the club before it opens in addition to other special benefits, will be available for a limited time.
“We are so pleased that Life Time selected Westwood—and the new University Station development—for its first destination in the state,” said Nancy Hyde, Westwood Board of Selectmen. “The Life Time Athletic mission to provide an educational, entertaining and holistic health and fitness experience for the entire family is a needed and welcomed addition our community.”
The three-story, 128,000-square-foot destination will offer a health and fitness experience unlike any other, led by highly trained and certified team members who are committed to providing an experience of uncompromising quality to its members. The new center will boast a broad array of highly personalized programs and services that allow members to engage in their areas of interest and help them achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals.
- Indoor and outdoor aquatics center with zero-depth entry pools, lap pools and outdoor water slides
- Five dedicated group exercise, cycle, Pilates and LifePower Yoga studios
- 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Our proprietary “Core 3 – Life Time Training Method,” a science-based approach for long-term health and wellness success led by the industry’s most highly certified fitness professionals
- Two full-NBA-sized indoor basketball courts, featuring Ultimate Hoops basketball leagues and training programs, the largest basketball league in the U.S.
- LifeSpa and MediSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage, along with the latest MediSpa treatments
- LifeCafe, serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 11 years, led by handpicked, certified experts (Life Time “gurus”) committed to childhood development
- No long-term membership contracts
- Complimentary towel and locker service
“It is with great anticipation that we bring our truly unique and personalized healthy way of life approach and experience to Westwood and the surrounding communities,” said Jeff Zwiefel, Life Time chief operating officer. “As with each of our destinations across the country Life Time Athletic Westwood offers something for every age and physical ability. From fitness to training, to recreation and entertainment, to aquatics, nutrition, spa, relaxation and more, we help every member of the family achieve their individual health and fitness goals.”
The Preview Center will be open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. For more information about Life Time Athletic Westwood at University Station, call 781.381.7100, visit lifetimeathletic.com/westwood or facebook.com/LifeTimeAthleticWestwood.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest — or discovering new passions — both inside and outside of Life Time’s distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company’s Healthy Way of Life approach enables members to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of Feb. 11, 2015, the Company operates 113 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.