LEHI, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--iTOK, a U.S.-based technology advisory company that helps older adults get the most from their computers and devices, has announced the results of a survey about seniors and online dating, just in time for Valentine's Day.
The company surveyed more than 100 people from its member base, primarily aged 55 and older, between January 30 and February 3, 2015. Some key findings include:
- 22% have used a dating website or app.
- 20% of those who haven't used a dating website or app are willing to try online dating.
- 4% met their significant other online.
- Top 3 reasons seniors use online dating (in order): companionship, casual relationship, and love.
- Top 3 most popular dating sites for seniors: Match.com, eHarmony and OurTime.
“These survey results reinforce something we've known for a long time – that seniors are using technology to improve the quality of their lives,” said Seth Bailey, CEO of iTOK. “We're thrilled with the notion that older adults are exploring new ways to meet people. They are breaking down stereotypes that online dating is only for the younger generations.”
More information about the survey can be found at iTOK's blog: http://www.itok.net/valentines-dating-infographic
As a premier technology support company in the US, iTOK is dedicated to educating and protecting its members online. The company specializes its services to help older adults get the most from their computers and devices. iTOK's mission is to connect, improve and protect its members' digital lives with comprehensive technology advising and support. For more information about iTOK and its friendly, expert Technology Advisors, please visit the company's official website at http://www.itok.net.