FOSTER CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--“Everywhere you want to be” is taking on new meaning for Visa as the global transition from plastic to digital payments accelerates, driven in large part by mobile connectivity. At Mobile World Congress next month (March 2-5, Hall 6, stand D40) in Barcelona, Spain, Visa will unveil its latest mobile payment services and demonstrate how a world connected by commerce – far beyond just phones and tablets – is transforming the way people shop, pay and get paid.
The company will host a number of events and product showcases throughout the week:
- Keynote: Visa President, Ryan McInerney, will take the Mobile World Congress keynote stage in a fireside chat with David Kirkpatrick, CEO of Techonomy, on Wednesday, March 4 at 11:15 a.m. CET. The session will focus on the seamless new ways that digital payments are being woven into daily experiences.
- Visa Press Briefing: Visa, alongside several major partners, will host a press briefing in its booth on Monday, March 2, 4:00-5:00 p.m. CET, Hall 6 - stand D40. The event will be streamed live and can be accessed through the following link: http://www.streamingbarcelona.com/plataforma/visamwc15
- Product Demos: Visa will demonstrate a range of products that showcase what secure, connected commerce experiences look like for the car, living room, retail spaces, and beyond.
- Mobile Retail Panel: Michele Janes, Vice President of Digital Solutions, Visa, will participate on a panel discussion titled, “Mobile Retail: Delivering Contextual Experiences to Drive Loyalty and Spend.” The session will take place on Tuesday, March 3, 4:00-5:30 p.m. CET.
- Seminars: In its booth, Visa will host 10-minute seminars on the trending topics of eCommerce/mCommerce, Tokenization, Visa Ready, Apple Pay and HCE: Mobile Payments for Android. Visit the Visa booth to obtain the daily seminar schedule.
For members of the press interested in viewing product demonstrations, confirming attendance at the press briefing, or arranging executive interviews, please contact Visa staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us at @VisaTechMatters for breaking news throughout Mobile World Congress.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE:V) is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks — VisaNet — that is capable of handling more than 56,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/about-visa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews.