BOTHELL, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kinesis® Corporation, the leading innovator of ergonomic computer input devices, announces the introduction of the Freestyle2 Blue™, Bluetooth® keyboards for PC and Macintosh. Incorporating the same powerful ergonomic features as the Freestyle2 cabled versions, the Freestyle2 Blue includes a Multichannel feature that allows instant switching between the keyboard and up to three Bluetooth-enabled devices.
The Freestyle2 Blue is the first fully-adjustable, fully-splittable ergonomic keyboard to incorporate a Multichannel Bluetooth capability. Jon Biggs, Kinesis’ Director of Sales and Marketing points out, “With the increasing use of multiple devices (e.g. smartphones, tablets, laptops) in the office and on the road we wanted to ensure that people were not sacrificing their typing comfort when switching away from their conventional computer. With a press of a button you can immediately switch to your phone to type a text, switch to a tablet to make a reservation and switch back to your laptop or desktop while continuing to type on the Freestyle2 Blue keyboard.” Biggs elaborates, “What we are seeing in the business marketplace is a growing trend of workers frequently switching between devices. The powerful new Kinesis Multichannel Bluetooth technology is an example of our continued commitment of designing highly ergonomic computer products that optimize both comfort and productivity.”
Available in both PC and Mac versions, the Freestyle2 Blue features simple, sturdy adjustment mechanisms and is intuitive to configure and use. The keyboard itself offers adjustable front splay and complete separation, and the interchangeable accessories provide adjustable tenting with or without integrated palm supports. The optional Freestyle2 accessory packages include the VIP3™, V3™, and Ascent Multi-Tent™.
This range of optional accessories allow organizations to precisely meet the needs of each employee while standardizing on a single keyboard.
Features of the Freestyle2 Blue Bluetooth Keyboard
• Multichannel feature allows switching of up to 3 Bluetooth enabled devices.
• Bluetooth 3.0.
• Long-lasting rechargeable lithium polymer battery. Single charge should exceed six months of use with 2 hours of typing per day.
• Each model is available in either the standard 9 inches of separation or an extended separation of 20 inches.
• PC & Mac-specific driverless hot keys and multi-media keys reduce mouse clicks.
• Proven design addresses the major ergonomic risk factors related to keyboarding by minimizing ulnar deviation, forearm pronation, wrist extension, over-reach for the mouse, and excessive force.
• PC version compatible with Windows, Linux, and Android Bluetooth enabled devices.
• Mac version compatible with OS X 10.4 and newer, and iOS devices.
Located in Bothell, Washington, Kinesis Corporation is in its 24th year of serving the comfort and productivity needs of computer users. Kinesis introduced the first letter-based alternative keyboard (the still-popular Contoured keyboard) in the U.S. in 1992, then pioneered the use of foot pedals for data input. Kinesis currently sells a full line of computer-related ergonomic office products including programmable foot pedals, ergonomic mice, keyboard trays, as well as three distinct high-performance keyboard lines. For more information about Kinesis Corporation and its products, call (800) 454-6374, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.kinesis.com.
Photos Available for Download at http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/about-us/product-images/