CHANDLER, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Trinity Capital Investment (Trinity), a leading provider of venture loans and equipment leases to emerging growth companies, today announced results for the year ended Dec. 31, 2014. The Company funded 20 portfolio companies totaling $93 million.
Trinity funded $82.2 million of new loans and leases in the marketplace and $10.8 million of follow-on investments to existing customers in 2014.
- $21 million to growing companies in the healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry including Healthline Networks, a provider of health information technology and media, NextImage Medical, Agilum Healthcare Intelligence, and Nanotherapeutics, Inc.
- $18.6 million to clean technology innovators including Project Frog, a manufacturer of technologically advanced component buildings, Oasys Water, a company with advanced water treatment and desalination solutions, Reterro, and Lehigh Technologies.
- $17.2 million to promising software, cloud computing and IT solutions companies including Integrate, the first closed-loop marketing software and media services provider, Replay Technologies, a developer of 3D video reconstruction technologies including FreeD™, Fonality, iTOK, and Digital Ocean.
- $13.8 million to emerging semiconductor and hardware companies including Soraa, the world leader in Gallium Nitride on Gallium Nitride LED technology, GainSpan, the ultra-low power Wi-Fi solutions provider for the Internet of Things industry, and SBG Labs.
- $8.4 million in the consumer and retail industry to JustFab, a rapidly growing fashion subscription e-commerce brand, and Brickstream, the in-store analytics market leader that recently acquired the location analytics company NOMi.
- $8 million to a portfolio company in the interactive payment cards industry and $6 million to Aquion Energy, an early-stage energy storage company with a disruptive battery technology.
“I am pleased with the caliber of the companies in our portfolio and the performance of our funds in 2014,” said Steve Brown, Trinity Capital Investment’s Founder and Managing Partner. “Our 2014 results demonstrate that we are achieving our goal of becoming one of the nation’s leading venture debt providers.”
“We try to be more than just another lender to our portfolio companies,” commented Alex Erhart, Partner, Trinity Capital Investment. “We have helped several portfolio companies obtain additional equity funding and are building a reputation for jumping in and helping out when things don’t go according to plan, which is not uncommon in the early-stage world.”
Trinity provides debt capital to the portfolio companies of top-tier venture capital firms in the United States. Trinity currently makes investments of $2 to $10 million, with an average of $5.3 million, and has over 45 active portfolio companies.
Trinity maintains strong industry diversification across multiple industries including software, cloud computing and IT, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy, consumer and retail, semiconductors, financial services, telecommunications, and clean technology.
Trinity’s largest fund is a licensed Small Business Investment Company (SBIC). With its current assets under management, Trinity currently has the ability to fund $100 million per year through 2018, with the option to increase its investable capital over time.
“We value the industry relationships we have with venture capital firms, technology bank lenders, and investment firms,” said Steve Brown. “Together with our partners, we are financing companies with solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges.”
About Trinity Capital Investment
Trinity Capital Investment is a leading provider of venture loans and equipment leases for emerging growth companies. We work closely with leading venture capital firms, tech banks and their respective portfolio companies to provide insightful and competitive venture debt financing solutions to address our customers’ specific needs. Having funded some of the world’s most innovative startup companies, we are the partner of choice for venture-backed technology startups seeking access to capital while preserving equity. For more information, visit www.trincapinvestment.com.