STOCKHOLM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
- Axfood’s consolidated sales for the period October–December totalled SEK 9,978 m (9,550), an increase of 4.5%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 3.3% during the period. Like-for-like sales increased by 2.4% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 372 m (340).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 370 m (337) for the period.
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 277 m (257) for the period, and earnings per share were SEK 5.23 (4.79).
- Annica Elmehagen Lundquist was appointed as new Head of Corporate Communications.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 17 per share (15).
- The Board proposes a 4:1 stock split.
- Axfood’s goal for 2015 is to exceed the level of profit achieved in 2014.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys and Hemköp comprising 259 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a large number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include stores within the Hemköp chains as well as stores run under the Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820 proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm AB’s Large Cap list. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50.1% of the shares.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com