LEOLA, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The chief executive officers of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY), Apogee Enterprises (NASDAQ: APOG), Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT) and CareKinesis (privately held) have been named as the recipients of the fifteenth annual “E-3 Awards,” presented by Emerald Asset Management at the 22nd Annual Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum, held in Philadelphia on February 5, 2015.
Joseph Besecker, President of Emerald Asset Management said, “We created this unique award to recognize leaders who epitomize the qualities that are inherent in the most successful business leaders – qualities that reflect an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence,” adding, “The award’s name – E-3 – reflects these criteria: the Emerald Entrepreneurial and Excellence Award.” Joseph Garner, Director of Research for Emerald, said, “These leaders have taken risks and fueled innovation. They have created jobs and built companies. They have bested their competitors and rewarded their employees and shareholders. They are leaders in every sense of the word.”
Through an intensive multi-faceted process, Emerald’s team of research analysts and portfolio managers identified corporate leaders who have demonstrated:
- A creative “outside the box” approach to corporate achievement;
- An entrepreneurial approach that maximizes human initiative;
- A corporate culture that promotes personal and corporate excellence;
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment: creating jobs, stimulating growth, and enhancing shareholder value; and
- An ability to effectively identify and adapt cutting-edge technologies and processes.
The 2015 winners of the E-3 Award are:
Public Company Executive Award:
- Dr. John Maraganore, Chief Executive Officer, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALNY)
Public Company Science & Technology Executive Award:
- Gary L. Steele, Chief Executive Officer, Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT)
Green Company Executive Award:
- Joseph F. Puishys, President & Chief Executive Officer, Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: APOG)
Warren "Pete" Musser Private Company Executive Award:
- Dr. Calvin H. Knowlton CEO, Chairman and Founder, CareKinesis, Inc.
Presented by Emerald Asset Management, Groundhog Day Investment Forum sponsors include Pepper Hamilton LLP, Sturdivant & Co., Janney Capital Markets, Trout, Ebersole & Groff LLP, Boenning & Scattergood and Greentree. The first Emerald Investment Forum was held in 1994 and has grown to become the definitive yearly kick-off conference for investors focusing on small- and mid-cap companies.
Founded in 1991, Emerald Asset Management, Inc. is a diversified investment management company that operates through its subsidiaries Emerald Advisers, Inc., Emerald Mutual Fund Advisers Trust, Emerald Separate Account Management, LLC, Emerald Fixed Income Advisers, LLC and Emerald Direct Lending Advisers, LLC. Assets managed by these companies totaled over $3.2 billion as of December 31, 2014. “Driven by Research,” Emerald employs an intense fundamental, research-focused investment philosophy and focuses primarily on growth-oriented equity investing and high-quality disciplined fixed-income investing.
Emerald Asset Management, Inc.
Emerald Advisers, Inc.
Emerald Fixed Income Advisers LLC
Emerald Mutual Fund Advisers Trust
Emerald Separate Account Management LLC
Emerald Direct Lending Advisers LLC
3175 Oregon Pike
Leola, PA 17540
King of Prussia, PA