CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Groupon is spotlighting the cities that take the lead for spectacular shows of affection, and is offering everyone the chance to ignite the romance with 20 percent off all local deals in its Valentine’s Day collection today and tomorrow (Feb 9 - Feb 10).
Which cities in America have the cuddliest, sappiest center? To find out, Groupon looked at the most date-worthy deal categories and found the places that love them the most.
Top City for Sultry Snapshots: Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Fort Wayne was the city with the highest percentage of boudoir photo-shoot deals
- Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Orange County, Calif.
- Austin, Texas
Top City for Sharing Spaghetti: Springfield, Mass.
- Springfield was Groupon’s hottest spot for Italian restaurant deals
- Long Island, N.Y.
- Boise, Idaho
- Wilmington, Del.
Top City for Smooching in a Saddle: Huntsville, Ala.
- In Huntsville, the top city for horseback-riding deals, adventurers take romantic trots up mountains, through the woods and into each other’s hearts
- Tampa, Fla.
- Phoenix, Ariz.
- Ocala, Fla.
Top City for Releasing Tension Together: Charleston, S.C.
- Spa days in Charleston are often as lovey-dovey as they are relaxing: this city was the number-one spot for couples massage deals (and to get the most out of a shared session, check out this handy guide)
- Ogden, Utah
- Savannah, Ga.
- Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Top City for Elevating Your Relationship: Orlando, Fla.
- Deals for hot-air balloon rides stoked the flames of love in Orlando more than anywhere else
- Napa, Calif.
- Lakeland, Fla.
- Gainesville, Fla.
If romance isn’t on the agenda for this year’s Valentine’s Day, Groupon has also packaged together a series of free platonic Valentine’s cards, including messages such as:
- “I would characterize our interactions as respectful”
- “Seeing you reminds me that I know you”
- “I consider you a person I know”
- More information can be found in the instructional video
More information about America’s most romantic cities can be found in the Groupon Guide.
*Rankings based off 2014 Groupon sales data
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.