DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34q76d/will_theranos) has announced the addition of the "Will Theranos Turn the Lab Industry Upside Down?" report to their offering.
Theranos has received much praise along with a healthy dose of skepticism in recent months as they have "gone public" with their potentially disruptive laboratory solution. Behind all of the press, there is one qualifying question:
Has Theranos scaled microfluidic technology across a comprehensive menu of tests?
If the answer to this question is "Yes," the lab industry will never be the same. Simply put, if microfluidic technology is able to address a broad swath of the CMS laboratory menu, then the current, centralized, high-throughput laboratory model will soon be obsolete. If the answer is "No," then all of this attention is for naught and Theranos will join a long list of exciting technology businesses that failed to commercialize.
In this report we explore the disruptive attributes that Theranos is claiming and discuss the likelihood that they have cracked the code on scaling microfluidics. We also explore the various distribution outlets Theranos is pursuing, with a particular emphasis on the Walgreens partnership - a partnership which will, if successful, drive disruptive change far beyond laboratory diagnostics.
Key Topics Covered:
- Diagnostics: The Front Line of Care
- The Starting Line: Has Theranos scaled microfluidic technology across a comprehensive menu of tests?
- Disruptive Attributes of Microfluidic platforms
- A Review of the unique disruptive claims of Theranos' product offering
- Scaling Microfluidics - So, Are we There Yet?
- Scaling Microfluidics - Summary and Our Humble Opinion
- Now What? - Looking At Potential Go-To-Market Strategy
- Price - The Other Disruptive Attribute(s)
- Distribution Strategies
- What are Walgreens ambitions in the healthcare marketplace?
- A Walgreens Solution - What makes for an effective Patient-Access Solution?
- The Cruelest Irony of All?
- Risks and Open Questions
- So What Do We Think About Theranos?
- Board of Directors
- Theranos Test Menu
- Theranos Patents
- Known investors
- Lab Industry: Facts and Figures
- Phoenix Expansion
- Typical Testing for Chronic Disease Management
- Theranos Test Results
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34q76d/will_theranos