SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Albuquerque, New Mexico. People can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes in the greater Albuquerque area, including Rio Rancho, the East Mountains, Corrales and Placitas.
“Albuquerque is the heart of the New Mexico tech corridor, and its fast-growing population and affordable homes make it an attractive destination for Redfin and our customers,” said Redfin Regional Manager Mark Reitman. “With our passion for providing a high-quality and pleasant home-buying and selling experience, I think we’ll fit right in in The Land of Enchantment.”
The Redfin model is different from that of other brokerages because it uniquely aligns agent and customer interests. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles.
Redfin also works to put money back into the pockets of both its home-buying and selling customers. Redfin refunds homebuyers a portion of the buyer’s agent commission. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $175 million in real estate fees. For a $300,000 home, a Redfin homebuyer in Albuquerque would save $1,300. For listing clients, Redfin agents charge 1.5 percent rather than the typical 3 percent, while providing the full listing service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $300,000 home would save $4,500.
Redfin hired Denise Lane to launch and grow the business in Albuquerque. Lane started developing an interest in real estate after spending time on the Los Alamos City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission. In 2000, after the Cerro Grande Fire destroyed more than 400 homes in Los Alamos, she worked to rebuild communities in five different neighborhoods there. After 13 years as a Realtor in Los Alamos, she moved to Albuquerque and started her own brokerage.
“For years, I have admired Redfin for its forward-thinking vision and anticipated its expansion to New Mexico,” Lane said. “Its customer-focused business model and core value of doing the right thing for the client no matter what have long resonated with me and the way I have conducted my own business. I’m elated to have the opportunity to make Redfin’s mission my own and drive it home in Albuquerque.”
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Albuquerque can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale:
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: Reviews of lenders, inspectors and title companies for buyers and handymen, stagers and more with feedback from Redfin agents.
To find or sell a house and to connect with a local agent, please visit redfin.com. To learn more about working at Redfin and to apply for open positions in Albuquerque and other locations, please visit redfin.com/jobs.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don’t pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.