DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/562hcs/oral_thin_films) has announced the addition of the "Oral Thin Films Market, 2015 - 2025" report to their offering.
The Oral Thin Films' market report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current state of the market and the likely future evolution over the next ten years. Starting with the basic introduction to the oral transmucosal route, its advantages and disadvantages, the report lays emphasis on the unmet needs fulfilled by oral thin films. Although oral thin films have been available in the forms of breath freshening strips, vitamin strips and other over-the-counter products for the past few decades, pharmaceutical companies have recently directed their focus towards formulating prescription products into oral thin films.
The study includes all prescription oral thin films, not necessarily delivered through oral mucosa. For these products, we have provided detailed profiles, underlying technologies being used to develop them and information on the key companies leading the efforts. We have also provided a detailed view on the key drivers behind the growth of this market, likely challenges and upcoming threats under the SWOT framework.
Given the specific advantages offered by these films and their ability to overcome the current unmet needs, the future holds significant potential. In fact, one of the primary objectives of this report is to estimate the size of this future promise offered by marketed oral thin films and those currently under development. We have identified the sales potential of various oral thin films for the period 2015 - 2025. Owing to the uncertain nature of this market, we have presented three scenarios for our market forecast; these scenarios represent different growth tracks of the industry likely to be influenced by variable adoption, pricing and the evolving competitive landscape.
- There are 10 prescription oral thin films currently in the market. In addition, there are 29 such films which are currently in different stages of clinical / pre-clinical development. Of these, six products are expected to get launched in 2015 / 2016 in their respective geographies.
- Approximately 54% of these products are oral transmucosal thin films. These films can be administered through sublingual, buccal or oral mucosal route, providing advantage of rapid onset of action.
- A number of these products (approx. 38%) are based on either MonoSol's PharmFilm technology or Applied Pharma Research / Labtec's RapidFilm technology. In addition to these two, there are over 10 other proprietary oral thin film technologies; some of these are currently being utilized for formulating over-the-counter products.
- Some start-ups such as FFT Medical and Cynapsus Therapeutics have also recently emerged; these new companies are coming up with their oral transmucosal thin film products and are likely to foster more innovation in the coming few years.
- Of all the marketed products, Suboxone film has found a strong acceptance in a short span of time; other marketed products such as Breakyl, Onsolis and Zuplenz are also gaining ground in different geographies. Overall, as more products get launched, we expect the market to sustain the growth momentum.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Oral Transmucosal Drug Delivery
4. Oral Thin Films
5. Overview And Market Background
6. Product Profiles
7. Market Forecast
8. Swot Analysis
9. Company Profiles
11. Appendix 1: Tabulated Data
12. Appendix 2: List Of Companies And Organizations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/562hcs/oral_thin_films