BURLINGAME, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Misfit, makers of wearable and smart home products, announced the integration of their Flash Fitness and Sleep Monitor with wearable controls enabled by a series of partnerships. The first fully featured activity and sleep tracker under $50, Flash will soon allow users to interact with their favorite apps and smart hardware by double or triple pressing its button face.
The first wearable control for Flash was demoed at CES, coinciding with the launch of Misfit Bolt, a connected bulb that lets users personalize their home lighting. Users will be able to turn Bolt on and off and control brightness with Flash.
Misfit is announcing the following upcoming integrations:
- Users will be able to start and stop their Spotify playlist with Flash.
- Misfit is working with Nest on an integration enabling users to connect Misfit’s sleep tracking functionality and alarm with the Nest Learning Thermostat™ to wake up to their ideal temperature.
- With IFTTT, soon users can utilize Misfit Flash to turn on and off devices, fire off quick messages, and send fitness information to an archive on the go.
- Logitech’s Harmony API will allow Flash to control smart home devices such as lights, TVs and music players.
- Yo’s messaging services will let users stay connected with friends and family with a simple double press on Flash.
- Misfit Flash will allow August Smart Lock users to unlock their doors without a smartphone.
Crafted out of a special soft-touch plastic, Misfit Flash is comfortable, durable, and waterproof to 30 meters. Like Shine, Flash never requires charging and can be worn virtually anywhere. Flash automatically measures steps, calories, distance, sleep quality and duration, and even tracks cycling and swimming. Flash syncs wirelessly with the iOS and Android Misfit App.
Misfit invents and manufactures great wearable and smart home products. The company was founded in 2011 by Sonny Vu with John Sculley, the former CEO of Apple and Pepsi, and Sridhar Iyengar, co-founder and former CTO of AgaMatrix.
Misfit product images and videos: http://www.misfit.com/media
Copyright 2014 Misfit Wearables Corporation. All rights reserved.