LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As consumers explore their health coverage options during the Open Enrollment Period (OEP), Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced the company will host more than 300 free Sign-Up Saturday events on Saturday, January 24. These events will provide information, advice and a path to better health for those shopping for an individual or family health insurance plan.
Humana has partnered with CVS/pharmacy, YMCA of the USA and local communities to bring health education to hundreds of convenient locations nationwide on Saturday, January 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in each time zone. People can get free one-on-one consultations about health coverage plans, financial assistance and the enrollment process.
“If we want people to be able to make more informed decisions about their health coverage, they must have the understanding and resources to do so,” said Roy Beveridge, M.D., Humana’s Chief Medical Officer. “By bringing these Sign-Up Saturday events to accessible locations like local malls, CVS/pharmacy stores and select YMCAs, we hope to give people a convenient and easy way to explore their plan options.”
With the February 15 enrollment deadline fast-approaching, now is the time for people to explore their coverage options and sign up for a plan. Consumers can still choose a new plan this year, but must do so before the deadline of February 15.
Sign-Up Saturday will provide a great opportunity for people to get help from health coverage experts to find out if they qualify for financial assistance and pick a health coverage plan that will meet their personal needs.
Humana is committed to making the enrollment process simple. To do this, Humana is providing three easy ways to sign up:
- IN-PERSON: On January 24, licensed Humana agents will be available to help with enrollment in hundreds of locations across the US. Visit HumanaHelps.com/SignUpSaturday to find an event nearby.
- ONLINE: HumanaHelps.com – click “Estimate your costs and compare plans.”
- CALL: Extended call center hours and additional staff will be available on January 24, and people will be able to sign up on the phone at 1-800-713-5503.
In addition to the in-person events available on January 24, Humana is also hosting two online Q&As through Google Hangouts. Tune into these live, one hour online Q&As airing out of Atlanta at 9:30 a.m. ET and Detroit at 11 a.m. ET from the convenience of a home computer or mobile device. Visit HumanaHelps.com for more information on how to submit questions and join the Online Q&A.
The OEP ends February 15. Don’t miss your chance to sign up for health insurance for 2015. For more information about health coverage plans, sign-up options and important deadlines, please visit HumanaHelps.com.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health and well-being company focused on making it easy for people to achieve their best health with clinical excellence through coordinated care. The company’s strategy integrates care delivery, the member experience, and clinical and consumer insights to encourage engagement, behavior change, proactive clinical outreach and wellness for the millions of people we serve across the country.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.