ROCHESTER, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carestream Health was awarded 66 new patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2014 for innovations in radiology imaging, healthcare IT, dental imaging and other areas, reflecting another successful year in developing advanced technology across its global businesses. The company also received 34 additional patents in European and Asian countries last year.
New patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- New image capture technologies related to the development of innovative cone beam computed tomography (CT) systems designed for orthopaedic extremity imaging;
- Enhancements to Carestream’s proven portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store and share patient data and medical imaging exams;
- Continued technology advances in Carestream’s growing portfolio of radiology systems that can enhance medical image quality for a wide range of healthcare providers;
- New technology and features for dental imaging, dental image processing and software and dental restoration systems;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features for Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films for use in flexible touch panel displays for such products as digital wrist devices, smart phones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
“We are committed to delivering products that are easy to use, highly reliable, and enable our customers to improve the quality and value of their services,” said Susan Parulski, Chief Patent Counsel for Carestream. “These patents represent our ongoing investment in intellectual property to protect and advance the innovative technologies and systems developed by our technical and research experts.”
The company’s product portfolio includes digital imaging systems for general radiology and specialty areas such as women’s health, orthopaedics and pediatrics; digital imagers that output medical images to film and paper; and the latest healthcare IT solutions and cloud-based services for hospitals, clinics and physician practices. Carestream’s Dental division develops and markets film and digital imaging solutions, anesthetics and practice management software.
Carestream Advanced Materials is a high-quality developer of transparent conductive films based on silver nanowire technology, with research and development facilities and distribution centers throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
In 2013, Carestream was awarded 64 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as well as 33 patents from countries outside of the United States.
About Carestream Health
Carestream is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and IT solutions; X-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets—all backed by a global service and support network. For more information about the company’s broad portfolio of products, solutions and services, please contact your Carestream representative or call 888-777-2072, or visit www.carestream.com. To view Carestream’s latest news announcements, please visit www.carestream.com/news.
CARESTREAM is a trademark of Carestream Health.
Follow Carestream Health online: