WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Varley Group, one of Australia’s oldest and most advanced engineering companies, is seeking to acquire a US-based engineering company. The strategic partnership will leverage synergies and open Pacific Rim and Asian markets to its new partner.
Varley has established a substantial presence in the U.S. through relationships with prime government contractors. Currently Varley works with major defense companies, such as Lockheed Martin on the F-35 fighter jet and Northrop Grumman on its Global Hawk and Triton drones.
“Varley plans to expand its already extensive footprint in the American defense & aerospace marketplace.” said Earl “Chief” Smith II, PhD, SVP Acquisitions
The Varley Group has established a set of initial criteria for the ideal acquisition, which includes:
- Focus: An engineering firm in the aerospace and/or defense space that has technologies, intellectual property, skills, manufacturing, and past performance in areas that complement those of the Varley Group.
- Management Team: A successful management team that has proven itself over at least five years and has been the primary driver in building the company. Interpersonal chemistry and the ability to work together are critical requirements.
- Products & Services: A range of products and services that are important enough in both the US and Pacific Rim markets to justify Varley making an investment
- Customer Base: A range of customers and contract vehicles that compliment and extend those of the Varley Group
- Manufacturing: As Varley intends to leverage the US partner’s manufacturing to bolster its global supply chain, a management team and company that has substantial operational, manufacturing, fabrication and design capabilities
- Revenue: Between twenty and one hundred million dollars annually with a history of growth
For more information on Varley’s strategic partnership process, please contact Earl “Chief” Smith II, PhD, at Chief@VarleyGroup.us or 202-559-7403.
About Varley: The company has project experience working within industries such as; aerospace & defense, specialized vehicles, electric vehicles, power services, ship repair, rail services, and telescopic towers. Its broad but specialized skill-base, acquired through experience and servicing a diverse range of markets gives the company the competitive edge in providing quality customer service.