SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee. People in these metros can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes.
“With a longstanding foundation in creative arts and education, and a diverse real estate market ranging from high-end waterfront properties made famous by celebrities to new construction downtown for the booming business community, Nashville has long been a destination for Redfin,” said Redfin Southeast District Manager James Marks. “Memphis’ local charm blends the old with the new, much like how Redfin uses technology to innovate an old industry, and we’re excited to offer our services locally to Memphis homebuyers and home sellers.”
Redfin has a unique approach that combines technology and top-notch customer service to create a real estate experience that’s better for consumers. Redfin technology empowers both its agents and consumers with information and tools that make the home-buying and selling process more efficient, less stressful and more fun. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles.
Redfin also works to put money back into the pockets of its customers. Redfin charges sellers 1.5 percent instead of the typical 3 percent, while providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. On average, someone selling a home with a Redfin agent saves about $6,800.
Redfin introduces the following local real estate agents hired to launch and grow the brokerage in their markets:
- Mel Priess, Market Manager, Nashville — Priess has been in real estate for almost 30 years, having worked as a broker with Coldwell Banker, Remax and, most recently, Weichert. He spent part of his career working as a real estate agent in Chicago when Redfin was just launching there. He was inspired by the impact Redfin’s arrival made on the local real estate market by offering customers a new option for buying and selling homes. He’s excited to welcome Redfin to the community in Nashville.
- Karen Walker, Agent, Memphis — Walker is a broker with a decade of experience in home sales, negotiations and client services, most recently with Clearpoint Realtors in Memphis. Her approach to real estate focuses on making home buying and selling easy for her clients, and she’s eager to bring the Redfin business model to Memphis.
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee, can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale:
Selling with Redfin:
- Redfin Home Dashboard: A comprehensive online resource for home sellers that provides real-time data about their home.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
Buying with Redfin:
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
To learn more about these markets and these Redfin agents, please visit our blog at http://blog.redfin.com/. To learn more about working at Redfin and to apply for open positions in Memphis, Nashville and other locations, please visit redfin.com/jobs.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don’t pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.