RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fourth Paragraph of release has been replaced.
The corrected release reads:
TOSHIBA AND MICROSOFT LAUNCH NEW OMNI-CHANNEL INITIATIVES TO TRANSFORM RETAIL
Innovative Toshiba and Microsoft Solution Enables Full Omni-Channel Solution for Retailers
At the National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention today, Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq “MSFT”) announced the launch of a combined effort from Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and Microsoft Dynamics aimed to help retailers deliver leading customer experiences through true omni-channel customer engagements. This effort includes Toshiba delivering software and implementation services on the Dynamics platform as well as plans for the future global availability of a combined solution – TCxGravityTM powered by Microsoft Dynamics - specifically tailored to deliver omni-channel transformation on the customer's terms, helping them provide seamless brand experiences to build lasting loyalty.
As leaders in retail industry innovation, Toshiba and Microsoft are uniquely positioned to bring together new commerce offerings. By combining Toshiba’s broad portfolio of hardware, software and services, including the TCxGravityTM point of commerce solution, powered by the enterprise strength of Microsoft Dynamics, these industry leaders will create an enhanced solution for retailers, ranging from small and medium-sized to the very largest multi-nationals. At NRF, both companies will be showcasing their unique omni-channel technology capabilities and discussing the solutions coming in the near future at Toshiba booth 1543 and Microsoft booth 2803.
Under the new agreement, Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions will leverage its global leadership in store systems software, hardware, and services to extend and deploy Microsoft Dynamics industry-leading omni-channel technology platform for retailers. This further expansion of Toshiba’s strategy for TCxGravityTM with “TCxGravityTM powered by Microsoft Dynamics” ensures a path forward for both existing and new customers, including grocery, specialty, hypermarket and mass merchants, to leverage the Microsoft Dynamics platforms, with the assurance of industry-leading technology, migration options and investment protection.
“Retailers need to provide consumers with a consistent brand experience that harmonizes the best of what the digital and physical selling environments have to offer. The further collaboration between Toshiba and Microsoft should enable an easier migration to just such an omni-channel selling environment,” said Brian Kilcourse, Managing Partner, Retail Systems Research."
- The size and capabilities of these companies make this initiative truly significant in the potential reach and impact it can have on retailers around the world.
- Toshiba is a global leader in store systems software, hardware, and services, with industry-leading POS market share and over 1 million lanes installed across over 100 countries.
- Microsoft as the global leader in omni-channel platform technology with the most widely available end-to-end technology (localized for 36 markets and sold in over 50), and the industries only unified commerce engine capable of running any part of your business.
- Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions plans to bring to market the TCxGravityTM “powered by Microsoft Dynamics” solution targeted to grocery, hypermarkets, specialty and mass merchants.
- The partnership broadens the path to omni-channel for retailers, with cloud-based Enterprise deployment options, coupled with retail hardened touchpoints optimized with industry leading software and end to end integration.
About Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is retail’s first choice for integrated in-store solutions and is a global market share leader in retail store technology. With a global team of dedicated business partners, we deliver innovative commerce solutions that transform checkout, provide seamless consumer interactions and optimize retail operations that are changing the retail landscape. To learn more, visit toshibacommerce.com or engage on Twitter @toshibagcs
Toshiba, TCxGravity, and related logos are trademarks of Toshiba Corporation or its affiliated companies in Japan, the United States and/or other countries, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Copyright (C) 2015 Toshiba TEC Corporation or its affiliated companies.
The information in this document represents current goals and objectives and is subject to change or withdrawal without notice.