DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9qhv3/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Lithium Carbonate Industry Report, 2014" report to their offering.
Global lithium carbonate output grew by 10.57% year on year to 144,400 tons in 2013, and, driven by downstream demand, will maintain an upward momentum, with an estimated AAGR of around 10% over the next couple years, above 200,000 tons in 2017.
Lithium carbonate is primarily used in lithium battery, which accounted for 29% of lithium carbonate application in 2014. In recent years, the development of electric vehicle (EV) posed new requirements on lithium battery and lithium carbonate, and the demand has kept rising. In 2014, the demand for lithium carbonate from global EV approximated 16,000 tons, 10% or so of total demand, and is projected to hit 27% in 2017. In addition to EV, the development of the industries such as consumer electronics, grid energy storage, mobile base stations and UPS will also stimulate the demand for lithium carbonate.
Although it is the world's second largest lithium resources state, taking up 26.92% of global reserves, China has limited capacity and supply and relies heavily on imported products, due to lower level of production technology. The apparent consumption of lithium carbonate in China was 50,500 tons in 2013, with 27% imported, and is expected to reach 53,000 tons in 2014, with degree of dependence on imported products falling slightly to 24%.
The Chinese EV market has developed rapidly in 2014, with 33,206 vehicles sold in the first nine months, surging by 363% from the same period of 2013. The demand for lithium carbonate from EV in China will stand at around 2,000 tons in 2014, making up 3.9% of total demand. As the market size expands, the share for EV's demand for lithium carbonate is expected to rise to 13.6% in China in 2017.
Key Topics Covered:
- Global distribution of lithium ores, lithium carbonate supply and demand, market pattern, companies' capacity construction, and industry forecast for 2014-2017;
- Distribution of lithium ores, lithium carbonate supply and demand, competitive landscape, import & export, price and industry forecast for 2014-2017 in China;
- Development of lithium battery market and growth in demand for lithium carbonate from EV;
- Development of major global and Chinese suppliers of lithium carbonate, including resources, capacity, output & sales volume, operation, latest construction projects and business forecast.
- ABA Guangsheng Lithium Co., Ltd.
- Galaxy Resources
- Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Special Electric Motor Co., Ltd.
- Luxiang Co., Ltd.
- Nordic Mining
- Qinghai CITIC Guoan Technology Co., Ltd.
- Qinghai Salt Lake Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai China Lithium Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Jixiang Lithium Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Ni & Co Guorun New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Tianqi Lithium Industries, Inc.
- Sichuan Western Resources Holding Co., Ltd.
- Simbol Mining
- Tibet Mineral Development Co., Ltd.
- Tibet Urban Development and Investment Co., Ltd.
- Western Mining Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Lithium Salt Plant
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9qhv3/global_and