SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Detroit, Richmond, and San Antonio. People in these metros can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes in these metro areas.
“This is a great day for Redfin,” said Redfin President of Real Estate Operations Scott Nagel. “We’ve expanded to many new markets this year, but Detroit, Richmond and San Antonio have long been important places for us to get to, as they help us fill in our footprints in the Midwest, along the East Coast and in Texas. People in these markets have been hearing about Redfin from their friends and neighbors for years, and we’re proud to now offer our home-buying and selling services to them locally.”
Redfin has a unique approach that combines technology and top-notch customer service to create a real estate experience that’s better for consumers. Redfin technology empowers both its agents and consumers with information and tools that make the home-buying and selling process more efficient, less stressful and more fun. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles.
Redfin also works to put money back into the pockets of both its home-buying and selling customers. Redfin refunds homebuyers a portion of the buyer's agent commission. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $200 million in real estate fees. Redfin charges sellers 1.5 percent instead of the typical 3 percent, while providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. On average, someone selling a home with a Redfin agent saves about $6,800.
Redfin introduces the following local real estate professionals hired to launch and grow the brokerage in their markets:
- Lauren Buttazzoni, Detroit — Lauren is a lawyer and real estate broker, and believes in providing superior customer service. Her approach to real estate focuses on making home buying and selling easier for her clients. With Michigan’s economy rebounding, she’s happy to join a company that has a business model rooted in customer advocacy and savings.
- Warren Teller, Richmond — Warren is a licensed attorney and broker with over a decade of experience in real estate sales, negotiations and client services - most recently at 1776 Real Estate Group, which he founded in 2006. He is enthusiastic about the opportunity to spearhead Redfin’s growth in Richmond, and looks forward to providing Richmond consumers with world class technology and superior customer service.
- Melanie Salas, San Antonio — Melanie has over eight years of experience as a real estate agent, working for Avalar and Cantera Realty before launching her own brokerage, Epic Realty, a year ago. After learning that Redfin’s values of customer service and advocacy matched her own, she jumped at the chance to grow Redfin’s business in San Antonio.
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Detroit, Richmond and San Antonio can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale:
Selling with Redfin:
- Redfin Home Dashboard: A comprehensive online resource for home sellers that provides real-time data about their home.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
Buying with Redfin:
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
To learn more about these markets and these Redfin agents please visit our blog at blog.redfin.com. To learn more about working at Redfin and to apply for open positions in Detroit, Richmond and San Antonio and other locations, please visit redfin.com/jobs.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.