NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) voted in its board of directors for 2015 on December 16 concluding a precedent-setting overhaul of its governance and leadership.
The recently decided election signaled the first time in the 77-year existence of NYSSA that more than one Society member could be nominated as a candidate for a single seat on the board.
The newly implemented electoral process emerged amid a broader policy change announced in the fall and intended to better accommodate the nearly 9,000 New York-area finance professionals that comprise the membership of NYSSA.
“We adopted our current governance model after a long period of reflection and internal discussion about how the Society could reposition itself to present a more nimble and engaged professional resource,” explained Karen Sterling, Executive Director of NYSSA.
On the strength of its largest voter turnout since 2011, NYSSA elected the following eligible members to its board of directors:
- Vice Chair – Alex Urdea (two-year term through December 2016)
- Treasurer – Phil Taylor (two-year term through December 2016)
- Director-at-Large – Christine Phillpotts (three-year term through December 2017)
- Director-at-Large – Drianne Benner (three-year term through December 2017)
- Director-at-Large – Peter Nesvold (three-year term through December 2017)
- Director-at-Large – Anotella Puca (one-year term through December 2015)
- Director-at-Large – Jae Yoon (one-year term through December 2015)
“I am in awe of the degree of commitment to NYSSA demonstrated by each 2015 candidate,” said Sterling. “Their dedication and talent truly make NYSSA the most member-centric, forward-thinking industry organization on Wall Street.”
Founded in 1937 by value investing pioneer Benjamin Graham, the New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the financial services industry and a provider of professional education and career development.
In addition to delivering more than 200 events annually for its members, investment professionals and the general public, NYSSA prepares hundreds of candidates to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation. With a membership of nearly 9,000, NYSSA is the largest CFA® society in North America and a founding member of CFA Institute.