DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g83bh9/nonlife) has announced the addition of the "Non-Life Insurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The Belgian non-life insurance segment accounted for 24.4% of the country's total insurance gross written premium in 2013. The non-life segment's written premium grew at a CAGR of 3.2% during the review period (2009-2013). The growth was primarily generated by the country's favorable regulatory environment for non-life insurers, such as the compulsory nature of motor and fire insurance, which helped these categories record strong review-period growth. Its growth was further accelerated by the country's strong transport connections with France, Germany and the Netherlands.
- The Belgian non-life segment is dominated by multinationals and is highly concentrated; the 10 leading companies together accounted for 81.1% of the segment's total gross written premium in 2013.
- The Belgian non-life insurance segment accounted for 24.4% of the country's total insurance gross written premium in 2013.
- The motor insurance category claimed the largest proportion of the Belgian non-life insurance segment in 2013.
- Belgium has a well-regulated insurance industry, and the country's Banking, Finance and Insurance Commission (CBFA) has enacted several favorable provisions to support the growth of non-life insurance.
- Belgium's total internet subscriber base grew at a review-period CAGR 5.3%. E-commerce emerged as one of the fastest-growing distribution channels, with an expected forecast-period CAGR of 7.2%.
- During the review period, Belgian exports as percentage of GDP grew from 78.2% in 2009 to 92.4% in 2012. This gave impetus to non-life insurance.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Belgian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Axa Belgium SA
- AG Insurance
- CBC Assurances
- Baloise Insurance
- Belfius (Belins) Insurance Belgium SA
- DKV Belgium
- Allianz Belgium
- P&V Assurance
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g83bh9/nonlife