NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The New York Stock Exchange, part of the Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) global network of exchanges, announced today that NYSE Group raised $182 billion in 545 transactions in 2014, more than any other exchange in the world. Listing eight of the 10 largest 2014 U.S. initial public offerings (IPOs), NYSE Group led in capital raised from IPOs for the fourth consecutive year and once again led in technology IPOs.
“The New York Stock Exchange is a unique community of the world’s leading companies. Successful IPOs are a vital component of economic growth and this capital enables companies to create jobs, drive innovation and produce the goods and services that fuel the global economy. We continue to lead the dialogue on market structure on behalf of our issuers to reduce complexity and increase market stability,” said NYSE Group President Tom Farley.
NYSE is the leader in capital raising with $182B in total proceeds from 545 transactions globally in 2014
- NYSE Group welcomed 129 IPOs, raising $70B in total proceeds – more than any other exchange.
- NYSE is the leader in follow-on financing with $111B in proceeds raised, as of December 17, 2014.
- The largest offerings by proceeds and market capitalization selected NYSE, including the largest IPO in history, Alibaba Group, which raised $25B, as well as the largest REIT offering, Paramount Group, and the largest master limited partnership (MLP) offering, Antero Midstream Partners.
- 32 new technology listings, representing 56% of all U.S. technology IPOs and 88% of all capital raised in the sector. New NYSE technology listings include GrubHub, HubSpot, LendingClub, New Relic, On Deck Capital and Zendesk.
- 43 new private equity-backed IPOs, including Boot Barn Holdings, IMS Health Holdings, Catalent and Axalta Coating Systems, representing 79% of capital raised by all U.S. private equity-backed IPOs.
- Leading non-U.S. IPOs, representing $29B in combined proceeds raised, including listings from China with Alibaba Group, Israel with Mobileye and Israel Chemicals, and Columbia with Grupo Aval Acciones y Valores.
- $104B in combined market cap from 42 NYSE spin-offs and carve-outs, including Citizens Financial Group, Keysight Technologies and Synchrony Financial.
- NYSE has won 9 transfers, including Deckers Outdoor Corporation, EnLink Midstream Partners and Associated Banc-Corp, representing more than $12B in market cap, as of December 16, 2014.
- More than $22B has been raised from NYSE IPOs that have leveraged the JOBS Act in 2014.
“Our continued focus on and investment in NYSE’s core value proposition – from our proven market model and trading floor to our unparalleled visibility platform and focus on our customers – has consistently earned the confidence of our issuer community and their shareholders. We continue to build on our network of the world’s leading businesses while delivering the market tools and access to capital they require,” said NYSE EVP and Head of Global Listings Scott Cutler.
About NYSE Group
NYSE Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE), operator of the leading global network of exchanges and clearing houses. NYSE Group operates multi-asset exchanges, and a range of related data products and technology services. The company’s equity exchanges - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE MKT and NYSE Arca - trade more U.S. equity volume than any other exchange group. NYSE is the global leader in capital raising for listed companies, including the majority of technology IPOs globally in 2013. The company’s equity options markets, NYSE Arca Options and NYSE Amex Options offer complementary market models. NYSE Group also provides comprehensive global connectivity services and a range of market data products to support efficient, transparent markets.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is the leading network of regulated exchanges and clearing houses for financial and commodity markets. ICE delivers transparent, reliable and accessible data, technology and risk management services to markets around the world through its portfolio of exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange and ICE Futures.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 - Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, as filed with the SEC on February 14, 2014.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange