DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/24pxs3/global_settop) has announced the addition of the "Global Set-Top Box Market" report to their offering.
This insight provides unit shipment forecasts, segmentations by application and region, and market share analysis for the global set-top box market. The base year is 2013, and the forecast period is 2014-2019.
- This market insight provides base-year estimates and 5-year forecasts for the global set-top box (STB) market. By application, the market is segmented into Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), cable, satellite (direct-to-home (DTH)), and digital terrestrial transmission (DTT); by region, it is divided into North America-Latin America (NALA), Europe and the Middle East (EMEA), and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
- In 2013, the global STB market performed better than expected, and it has a significantly improved longterm outlook. This is driven not only by faster-than-expected growth in IPTV but also by a resurgence in the cable and the satellite segments.
- Factors, such as operator upgrades to better compression technologies, including AVC today and HEVC tomorrow, the growing interest in over the top (OTT), which is driving the rollout of hybrid box designs, and the increasing global penetration of Pay TV, are driving sales.
- Growth restraints include saturation in terms of Pay TV households and STBs/household, the replacement of STB form factors by un-managed clients, such as consoles and tablets in the home, and the continued un-willingness on the part of service providers to incur major capital expenditure amid business uncertainty.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
3. Forecasts and Trends
- STB Market: Market Engineering Measurements
- Unit Shipment Forecast
- Percent of Unit Shipment Forecast by STB Application
- Percent of Unit Shipment Forecast by Region
- Unit Shipment Forecast by Region
- Unit Shipment Forecast Discussion
4. Market Share
5. Market Share by Unit Shipment
- Market Share Discussion
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/24pxs3/global_settop