DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/np54q2/wearable) has announced the addition of the "Wearable Technologies" report to their offering.
The latest disruption to impact the enterprise world is wearable technology which threatens to challenge the status quo of existing processes and procedures in a wide range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, and healthcare. The market for wearables is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. The factors accelerating market growth include the ability of wearables to act as a gateway to the IoT world, to provide contextual computing capability, and to empower the wearer with unique capabilities. However, some key challenges need to be overcome before mass adoption becomes possible.
FACTORS GENERATING INTEREST IN WEARABLES
The Sun in the IoT Galaxy
- As millions of devices become a part of the IoT ecosystem, wearable devices will become the human gateway for interacting seamlessly and continuously with all other connected devices, feeding valuable information and insights to the wearer.
- While laptops, smart phones and tablets act as the gateway to the digital world, wearable technology will become the gateway to the connected world.
Dawn of a New Era in Computing
- Smart phones and tablets belong to the era of mobile computing. That era is coming to an end. We are now entering the age of contextual computing, the amalgamation of mobile computing and contextual awareness, with wearables.
- The marriage of mobile computing and contextual awareness will unlock new opportunities and possibilities for everyone.
Enable Superhuman Capabilities
- Wearables can empower the wearer with several unique capabilities hitherto seen only in Sci-fi movies by super heroes.
- The portability, compactness, and wide range of functionalities these devices offer in a non-intrusive and unobtrusive manner give them disruptive potential in many industries ranging from healthcare to engineering, and in several application areas.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview and Analysis
- The Internet of Things (IoT) taxonomy
- Constituent Elements and Maturity Levels
- What are Wearables and Who are the Key Players?
- Wearable Technology
- The Essentials
- Size of the Wearables Market and Key Market Trends
- Factors Generating Interest in Wearables
- What Disruptive Characteristics do Wearables Have?
- How will Wearable Technology
- Rock the Boat?
- The Dark Side of Wearables
- The Market for Wearables in Enterprises
- The Impact of Wearables in Enterprises
- Adoption of Wearable Technology in Enterprises
- Key Challenges Creating the Chasm
- Analysis of Challenges and Recommended Solutions
- Bridging the Chasm
- Application Areas
- Industrial Engineering
- Application Areas
- Other Application Areas
- The Road Ahead
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/np54q2/wearable