SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rdio, a leading global music streaming service, today announced an expanded partnership with Roku, Inc. that enhances customers’ home streaming music experience by making it easier than ever to access Rdio’s free Internet radio offering as well as Rdio’s paid on-demand subscription service. Now, in a matter of seconds, Roku® customers will have instant access to the Rdio channel and its library of more than 30 million songs with the new Rdio channel shortcut button on Roku remote controls.
Enhancements to the Rdio experience include:
- Rdio Channel Shortcut Button: Remote controls for the Roku 3, the Roku Streaming Stick® (HDMI® version) and Roku TV™ models in the U.S. now feature an Rdio channel shortcut button that, with just one press, instantly launches the Rdio channel, making listening to millions of songs faster and easier than ever. The Rdio channel shortcut button will be featured on new remote controls shipped in 2015.
- New Interface: Rdio’s signature design is reflected in the recent channel update, with a rich selection of album artwork and an enhanced browsing experience.
- Billing Integration: All Roku customers have access to Rdio’s free Internet radio service. Roku customers looking to take advantage of Rdio Unlimited, the paid subscription service that offers on-demand access to Rdio’s expansive music catalog, can now subscribe within the Rdio channel with just a few simple clicks of the remote. Customers will be billed directly through their Roku accounts.
- Simplified Channel Selection: Rdio now appears as a default channel during the activation process for new Roku customers, making it easy to add the channel to their home screen so all Roku customers can automatically take advantage of Rdio’s free ad-supported Internet service.
- Special Offer: Now through the end of the year, Rdio is offering a free two-month Rdio Unlimited subscription with the purchase and activation of any new Roku player or Roku TV model.
“The Roku platform offers Rdio an exceptional opportunity to reach a large and engaged user base,” said Anthony Bay, CEO of Rdio. “Through our expanded partnership, Roku customers now have better access to Rdio’s streaming music experience and our catalog of over 30 million songs.”
“Rdio is one of the best streaming music services around and is poised to become a very popular Roku channel that’s incredibly easy to use, has personalization features and an enormous variety of music,” said Steve Shannon, GM of content and services for Roku. “The new Rdio channel shortcut button on Roku remote controls, and other key updates, make Rdio more accessible to our customers.”
The enhanced Rdio experience is available to Roku customers in the U.S., Canada, U.K., and Ireland.
Rdio, one of the world’s largest licensed music services, offers a catalog of over 30 million songs in 60 countries worldwide. Rdio’s mission is to provide access to every song, on every device, anywhere in the world instantly, online or offline — tuned to you. Rdio’s critically acclaimed applications combine the best of personal choice, social engagement, human curation, algorithmic personalization, and programming from tastemakers. Music fans can enjoy Rdio as either a free, personalized stations-first Internet radio experience or as a full on-demand subscription service. Founded by Janus Friis, co-creator of Skype, in August 2010, Rdio is headquartered in San Francisco. More information on Rdio is available at: www.rdio.com
Roku and Streaming Stick are registered trademarks and Roku TV is a trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries.