WILTON, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SiriusDecisions, the leading global business-to-business (b-to-b) research and advisory firm, today announced the release of the SiriusDecisions Field Guide: Product Planning, Prioritization and Roadmapping 2015. The first-of-its kind report, which highlights 11 vendors, will assist product management leaders in evaluating potential product tools for product planning, prioritizing features and enhancements, and maintaining and sharing product roadmaps.
Product managers are increasingly looking for tools and technologies to assist them in their roles, though until now there has not been any resource for guidance on product management applications. SiriusDecisions research found that 32 percent of b-to-b product managers not using applications specifically designed for product management said they weren’t even aware that these applications existed. The industry-first study summarizes the capabilities and benefits of utilizing product planning, prioritization and roadmapping solutions and details vendors’ key differentiators.
SiriusDecisions’ research uncovered some key trends in the use of these applications.
- Usage is currently low. Only 13 percent of b-to-b product managers indicate that they currently use product management-specific applications.
- However, interest and use is increasing dramatically. Half of those not using applications specifically designed for product management indicated they are likely to evaluate one within the next six months.
- There is dissatisfaction with existing options not specific to product management. A major reason for interest in these tools is the dissatisfaction with other options available. For example, only 13% of b-to-b product managers indicate they are very satisfied with the application they use for maintain their product roadmaps (most commonly presentation applications like PowerPoint or spreadsheet applications like Excel).
For more information on the research and report, contact SiriusDecisions via its website, www.siriusdecisions.com, or click here to download the SiriusDecisions Field Guide: Product Planning, Prioritization and Roadmapping 2015. Clients of the SiriusDecisions product management advisory service can also access the full report through our Web site.
“Product management is a key revenue-generating function for organizations and we believe product management tools have the potential to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of product managers by automating manual activities, assisting with customer- and market-driven decision-making, and improving alignment across functions,” said Jeff Lash, Service Director of Product Management at SiriusDecisions. “Given that there is interest in this area but no good source of information on what applications are available – let alone details on each solution’s differences – we believe our new research and field guide will address this need and help b-to-b product managers improve by better leveraging relevant technologies.”
- Click here to learn more about SiriusDecisions signature models and frameworks.
- Connect with SiriusDecisions on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
SiriusDecisions, SiriusDecisions Field Guide, B-to-B, B2B, Product Planning, Prioritization and Roadmapping, Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Accompa, Aha!, InnovateNow, Jama Software, OneDesk, ProdPad, ProductPlan, Reqqs, SensorSix, TrendRadius, Wizeline
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance.
For more information, visit www.siriusdecisions.com.