DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fjkh5n/6_and_9axis) has announced the addition of the "6 and 9-Axis Sensors Consumer Inertial Combo Sensors" report to their offering.
Cellphones And Tablets Still Drive The Market But Wearables Will Soon Take Their Place In The Landscape
COMBO SENSORS CONTINUE TO EXPAND, OVERCOMING DISCRETE SENSORS IN 2018
2013 and 2014 have continued the growth of combo sensors, and cellphones and tablets are still driving this market. This market growth will tend to slow down in coming years, but new applications, like wearables, will enable stabilization of the overall market. Other markets, like gaming, were quite promising but cellphones and tablets are competing really hard, and that's impacted growth harshly. Fast growing niche markets, like drones, are expected to have a positive future, especially thanks to easy integration of 9-axis combos. Combo solutions are being slowly introduced with the wearable market a major target.
Two types of different sensor combo are emerging: closed sensor hubs (inertial, magnetic) and open sensor hubs (pressure, gas, temperature), each has a different sensing structure. Combining all these pressure sensing, health sensors, processing units, and RF capabilities is a huge challenge. Sensor hubs are therefore an opportunity for discrete sensors to withstand the combo threat. They promise low power consumption and can combine several sensors without integration constraints.
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
This report provides:
- A deep analysis on the impact for 6 and 9-axis combo solutions
- A global overview of market data for consumer inertial MEMS - key market metrics & dynamics
- Application focus on key existing markets, and those that are emerging and showing the most promise
- A clear understanding of the inertial MEMS value chain, infrastructure & players for the consumer business
- An in-depth analysis on the current technology and future developments for the 3 market leaders: STMicroelectronics, InvenSense and Bosch Sensortec
- Analysis sensor fusion developments, including indoor navigation and context awareness
- In this update, we have modified the categories of devices observed. Wearable electronics is now a separate category and we have recategorized emerging markets in the other consumer electronics section.
- The analysis of sensor fusion and sensor hub fusion has been revised to reflect recent events.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction, definitions & methodology
2. Executive summary
3. Market drivers for combo sensors
4. 2012-2019 market for inertial combo sensors
5. Application trends
6. Competitive trends
7. Sensor fusion: challenges and opportunities 254> Status of sensor fusion in 2014
8. Conclusion & perspectives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fjkh5n/6_and_9axis