DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4k5t2q/kuwait_increased) has announced the addition of the "Kuwait: Increased Governance to Improve Competitive Climate in the Long-Run" report to their offering.
'Kuwait: Increased governance to improve competitive climate in the long-run', a new Country Intelligence Report offers a precise, incisive profile of Kuwait mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Kuwaiti market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- Kuwait's telecom market generated $2.5bn in service revenue in 2013, and we estimate that revenue will increase 1.6%, to $2.6bn in 2014. The mobile voice and data segments accounted for 91.6% of total revenue in 2013, while the fixed voice and Internet markets accounted for a combined 8.4%. We expect the overall market to grow at a stable 2.8% CAGR from 2014 to 2019, reaching a total size of $2.9bn by 2019.
- On the regulatory front, 2014 has been a significant year. In March 2014, the National Assembly passed landmark telecommunications legislation for the creation of an independent sectoral regulator called the Telecommunications Regulation Commission (TRC). This potentially paves the way for further privatization of the telecom sector, characterized by a fully nationalized fixed sector.
- Operator revenues continue to be under pressure with intensified competition. Ooredoo and Viva will continue to observe share gains buoyed by their promotional offerings, with which Ooredoo has been slightly more successful. Meanwhile, Zain's share will decline as brand loyalty diminishes. Ensuring efficient usage of 4G infrastructure is vital for all players in order to sustain operational and financial growth rates.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- Overall market opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4k5t2q/kuwait_increased