DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6bt589/strategic_outlook) has announced the addition of the "Strategic Outlook on MirrorLink and Tethered Smartphone Solutions in North America and Europe" report to their offering.
This strategic insight covers the adoption and outlook of MirrorLink and its tethered solution competitors in the North American and European automotive infotainment market. The success of the connected car will be essential for OEMs, and making a driver's experience as seamless as possible will be assisted by tethered solutions.
While maintaining a strict focus on driver distraction, software giants are beginning to enter the vehicle and allow drivers to conveniently connect their smartphone to their vehicle. Frost & Sullivan analyzes the top tethered participants and how the various OEM partnerships will play out over the next 5 to 10 years.
- Given the limited availability of key handsets, particularly in North America, this report expects that MirrorLink will have a better chance of success in the European market.
- The availability of apps will play a bigger role in the future than they do currently because drivers are more concerned with audio solutions and navigation options within their vehicles.
- Driver distraction will be a key focal point during the continued rollout of tethered solutions. Recent studies show that audio alerts can cause cognitive overload in the same way visual alerts do.
- With Google and Apple entering the tethered market, we believes the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) must create a more recognizable brand image, allowing consumers to identify with its solution.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
4. Drivers and Restraints - MirrorLink
5. Smartphone Analysis
6. Apple CarPlay
7. Android Auto
8. Conclusions and Future Outlook
9. The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6bt589/strategic_outlook