DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vllsjj/global_analysis) has announced the addition of the "Global Analysis of Ebola Disease" report to their offering.
This market insight provides a first-of-its-kind analysis of market sizing and revenue forecasts through 2016 for the prevalent Ebola virus.
The number of people infected nears 10,000 globally, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) have deemed this the worst outbreak due to the death toll nearing 5,000.
The Ebola market is segmented by diagnostics and pharmaceuticals, and the diagnostics market includes both molecular methods and immunodiagnostics tests, of which a 2-year potential-revenue forecast is provided. Molecular methods will see wide adoption for the specificity, sensitivity, and rapidity of the tests. Competitive landscape and companies to watch chapters are provided.
- The Ebola virus is being contained in many of the developed nations such as the United States, Spain, and France due to better infrastructure and the availability of rapid tests and quality treatment.
- The porous borders of Western Africa and its neighboring countries still pose the threat of a global Ebola epidemic.
- China and India pose the most risk because of their large stakes in Africa, and due to increasing trade interactions and open sea ports, the threat of Ebola transmission in these countries is high.
- Our experts' optimistic prediction foresees a decrease in the number of Ebola cases globally in late 2015 through early 2016 due to the commercial availability of approved vaccines and treatment in the hard-hit nations of Africa.
- The containment of the disease is impeded by lack of healthcare workers and availability of treatment.
- The urgent demand for sensitive and rapid tests in detecting and containing this disease will spur the molecular methods market.
- The immunodiagnostics market will also continue to grow due to its cost effectiveness, especially for initial screening of Ebola.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Competitive Landscape
4. Companies to Watch
5. Our Story
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vllsjj/global_analysis