DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x7lx7w/madagascar) has announced the addition of the "Madagascar: Political Stability Provides Growth Opportunities for the Telecom Market" report to their offering.
"Madagascar: Political Stability Provides Growth Opportunities for the Telecom Market," a new Country Intelligence Report, offers a precise, incisive profile of Madagascar's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Madagascan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The fixed/mobile revenue split will remain relatively unchanged over the forecast period, with the share of fixed services down by only 0.028 percentage points between 2014 and 2019. Improved international connectivity and capacity means that fixed prices are likely to be competitive with existing mobile broadband offers.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is a low percentage of the subscription base; we project this will grow significantly over the forecast period. LTE subscriptions are expected to reach 0.4m by 2019. We expect the uptake of LTE services to begin by 2016, by which time the regulatory framework and digital switchover should have been completed and new spectrum allocated.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in attracting a greater number of subscribers by focusing on the underserved rural communities. Vendors should position themselves for continued network expansion, with an additional focus on the energy efficiency of towers and base stations as Madagascar's power supply remains unreliable.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
Overall market opportunities
- Bharti Airtel
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x7lx7w/madagascar.