INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Healthx, the leading healthcare payer portal platform for the Third Party Administrator (TPA) market, today announced its newly appointed TPA advisory board.
“We are fortunate to have assembled a group of sought-after industry speakers, executives and leaders who are well-versed in the challenges that face the TPA market. The depth of their experience within the TPA and self-funded industry is quite significant,” said Mike Gordon, Healthx’s Chief Product & Strategy Officer. "In the rapidly changing healthcare world of the Affordable Care Act and beyond, this advisory board will help us ensure our products meet TPA business challenges head on.”
Healthx Advisory Board Members include:
- LaRea Albert, CEO of Employer Plan Services, Inc. Ms. Albert is the CEO of a TPA in Texas and has worked in the TPA industry since 1980. She is very active with the Society of Professional Benefit Administrators (SPBA) and serves on the Board of Directors of Health Care Administrators Association (HCAA). She is a Certified Self-Funding Specialist® (CSFS®) and a Self-Insurance Certified Specialist®.
- Ernie Clevenger, President of CareHere and Publisher of MyHealthGuide. Mr. Clevenger is widely known for the weekly MyHealthGuide Newsletter that is a compilation of TPA and self-funded articles with 5,000 subscribers.
- Brian Connelly, Director of Product Development & Strategy, Gilsbar. Mr. Connelly is a frequent public speaker and has authored numerous articles in the area of healthcare reform. He oversees the strategic product direction of Gilsbar’s national client base.
- Larry Thompson, Regional President for the POMCO Group. Mr. Thompson has delivered over 500 speeches on healthcare nationally and is working on a book about healthcare in the U.S. Mr. Thompson is a past-chairman of the Self-Insurance Institute of America (SIIA), a past-president of both his local National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) chapters, and a past board member of the California Association of Health Underwriters (CAHU).
- Jeff Walter, EVP of Operations, Professional Benefit Administrators. Mr. Walter oversees the technology innovation for Professional Benefit Administrators, a TPA that provides services to self-funded employer groups, Taft Hartley Funds, brokers and plan members.
The advisory board will meet quarterly to consult on product development, establish benchmarks for technology engagement and measurement and ensure the Healthx products address the challenges that face the self-funded and niche TPA markets.
Since 1998 Healthx has been serving a wide range of TPAs, from nationals to niche markets. Healthx’s scalable platform and digital engagement solutions have made it possible for TPAs to offer competitive innovative technology while controlling costs and improving efficiencies.
Healthx is the leading platform used by healthcare payers and provider organizations to power their digital strategies. Founded in 1998, Healthx leverages its industry knowledge, influence and relationships to deliver customized solutions to payers that are looking for a differentiator in the healthcare space. Fueled by innovation, Healthx is one of the first healthcare technology companies to offer a cloud-based platform for member engagement and provider collaboration resulting in 16 million logins annually. Today, over 150 healthcare payers across the U.S. rely on Healthx solutions to drive greater ROI for their business. Healthx is powered by healthcare and technology experts that are passionate about improving population health. For more information go to www.healthx.com.