DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k6j73g/dendritic_cell) has announced the addition of the "Dendritic Cell and CAR-T Therapies, 2014 - 2024" report to their offering.
The focus of drug developers is gradually moving towards immunotherapeutics, which make use of the body's own immune system or its components to fight cancer. It is a relatively new concept, with the only success being targeted antibody based therapeutics (including monoclonal and conjugated antibodies). These antibody based drugs are passive immunotherapeutics. There has been a surge of interest in other classes of active immunotherapeutics including cell based therapies such as Dendritic Cell Therapy (DCT) and Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cell Therapy (CAR-T).
The Dendritic Cell and CAR-T Therapies Market, 2014-2024' report provides an extensive study on the two Whole Cell based Immunotherapies: Dendritic Cell Therapy (DCT) and Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell Therapy. These upcoming fields of therapeutics are still in infancy, with only two DCT vaccines commercially available in 2014. The report covers various aspects, such as, existing cancer immunotherapeutics, main players in the DCT and CAR-T industry, products in clinical / pre-clinical research, technological developments and upcoming opportunities for several stakeholders.
As pharma companies continue to expand their research programs in this area, one of the key objectives outlined for this report is to understand the future potential of the market.
The report gives an estimate of the short-mid term and long term markets for the period 2014 - 2024. The research, analysis and insights presented in this report include potential sales of the marketed DCT vaccine (PROVENGE) and eight pipeline products in late phases of development.
Owing to niche nature of the market, with most products in the pipeline, we have provided three market forecast scenarios to add robustness to our model. The conservative, base and optimistic scenarios represent three different tracks of industry evolution.
- CreaVax-RCC (by JW CreaGene) became the first approved dendritic cell vaccine in 2007. However, its market has been restricted to South Korea. PROVENGE (by Dendreon) received FDA approval for launch in the US in 2010.
- In addition, we have identified 30 dendritic cell vaccines and 12 CAR-T therapies which are currently in clinical and preclinical development for different oncological indications. Of these, four dendritic cell vaccines are in Phase III trials. Majority of the CAR-T therapies are in early stages of development.
- The market is characterised by the presence of several small biotech firms; these firms are likely to benefit as more molecules reach advanced stages of development in the coming few years.
- There has been a growing interest from Venture Capital firms. In fact, in 2013 / 2014, several companies involved in DCT and CAR-T therapies have cumulatively raised over USD 500 million in venture funding rounds; this activity is likely to increase further and will help these companies drive their respective products to commercialisation.
- We expect dendritic cell and CAR-T therapies market to be a multi-billion dollar market over the coming decade; during the period 2014 - 2024, our forecast suggests that the market will witness an annualised rate of 29.8%.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. Cancer Therapeutics and Immuno-Oncology
4. Current Market Landscape
5. Dendritic Cell Therapy: Key Molecules and Future Outlook
6. Chimeric Antigen Receptor-T Cell Therapy
7. Company Profiles
8. Interview Transcripts
10. Appendix 1: Tabulated Data
11. Appendix 2: List of Companies and Organisations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k6j73g/dendritic_cell