LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GE Capital, a leading alternative finance provider in the UK, has been recognised for its diversity and inclusion approach by Personnel Today, the UK's leading HR website, winning the 2014 Diversity & Inclusion award at a ceremony in London on November 18th.
Accepting the award in front of 1000 HR professionals at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane Mayfair, Mary Fitzpatrick, GE Capital’s Diversity Leader, said: “Diversity is not a nice to have. It is a must have. At GE Capital we have found time and again that having diverse teams leads to diverse ways of thinking, and ultimately benefits the bottom line.
“This award is for everyone who believes in the power of diversity and its ability to make our working environment a better and fairer place,” she added.
Diversity initiatives that GE Capital was recognised for include:
- Building out a Women’s Network for professional woman – and men – across the organisation to gather and share best practices. Has run more than 1,200 events for +20k employees
- Introducing a fast-track talent pipeline, increasing female representation across the business
- Setting up employee-founded groups such as Working Parents/Women in Financial Services
- Selecting a new recruitment agency based on its commitment to diversity
- Hosting a “Reach For the Top” conference, designed to celebrate and inspire women, bringing together 200 men and women from across the company
The GE Woman’s Network was founded in 1997 and now has over 100,000 members globally, with 5,000 in the UK. The Network fosters professional women’s development and helps the company grow, attract & retain successful women.
Notes to Editors
About GE Capital in the UK
GE Capital is one of the leading commercial finance providers in the UK with major operations in asset-based lending, fleet, leasing and healthcare financial services. GE Capital has major offices in Bristol, Manchester, Sale and the London area and focuses on providing leasing and lending solutions, from working capital and investment finance through to fleet management and equipment leasing to mid-market customers. For more information, please visit www.gecapital.co.uk