SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thanks to the Top 10 Under $10 Thanksgiving wine picks from CheapWineCurious.com, anyone tasked to select reds, whites or rosés can chill – even if wine snobs will be at the table.
“I choose not to take wine too seriously,” says site founder Loie Maxwell, “but I know my readers want something great for a steal.”
Dedicated to reviewing wines $10 and under, Maxwell’s insider’s POV paired with her chatty “haughty and naughty” style attracts an international audience. She signs off each post by encouraging her readers to “stay curious.”
Maxwell was raised in Sonoma County and has returned to her wine country roots after executive roles at Mattel, Target, CVS/pharmacy and Starbucks. She now balances work and family as a brand marketing consultant and being a wine and travel blogger. She continues to cultivate her understanding of wines and food pairings through relationships with local vineyards along with French wine tourism.
After six months of mining the bottom shelves of grocery wine departments, Maxwell presents the best deals:
- Rare Red Grape 4 Blend, Lodi CA $7.99: Love! A favorite guest request.
- Line 39 2013 Petit Sirah, CA $9.99: This red hits it outta the park!
- Oyster Bay 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, NZ $8.99: A white you’ll enjoy more than you should.
- 2012 Madame Fleur Rosé, France $8.99: Outstanding rosé for year-round.
- 2012 Castle Rock, Cuvée Pinot Noir, CA $8.99: Lingering spice for every bite.
- O.V.O.C. 2012 Regio Zinfandel, CA $8.99: Pairs wonderfully with seasonal feasts.
- 2012 Trader Joe's Grower's Reserve Merlot, $4.99: Great starter to get appetites going.
- Ressò 2012 Garnacha Blanca, Catalunya, Spain $9.99: Crisp, hearty white finishes nice.
- 2012 Dona Del Sol, Cabernet Sauvignon, CA 3/$10: Shockingly good for less than a latte.
- 2012 Grifone Primitivo, from old growth Zinfandel, Puglia, Italy $3.99: Complements big flavors for just a few bucks.
For wine and pairing details, please visit: cheapwinecurious.com
Most wines are available at ALDI, H-E-B, Safeway, Vons, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and various national grocery chains.