CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Best Buy’s 43 Chicagoland stores are sporting a fresher look and countless assortment upgrades after the retailer’s $20 million overhaul earlier this year. The updated stores, along with enhanced community programs, are part of Best Buy’s renewed commitment to Chicago.
The stores’ face-lifts cover multiple areas, from new fixtures, carpeting, lighting and paint, to new customer experiences and shopping areas in stores.
Store enhancements include:
- Expanded Appliances departments that include more space for premium brands. Six stores now feature Pacific Kitchen & Home areas that offer top appliances brands and custom kitchen design options.
- Remodeled Home Theater departments that highlight emerging TV display technology like 4K, UHD and curved TVs with new Sony and Samsung Experience areas. Two new Magnolia Design Centers offer premium brands and options to design and install custom home theater experiences.
- New shopping areas dedicated to the Microsoft Windows Stores, Apple shops, new Camera Experience Shops and a Dyson in-store experience.
“We want customers to enjoy the experience of shopping for technology as much as they enjoy using it,” said Best Buy Senior Market Director John Curley. “Best Buy has been a proud member of the Chicago community for more than 20 years and we look forward to serving customers for many years to come.”
Increased Community Commitment
Best Buy has also provided support to a variety of community programs, with a number of events happening the next few weeks.
Chicago City of Learning (CCOL): Best Buy is the lead corporate
sponsor of this tech education and immersion initiative supported by
the Chicago Public Schools, Digital Youth Network at DePaul
University, the MacArthur Foundation and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s Office.
In support of this initiative, Best Buy is sponsoring two contests to
encourage schools and students to participate in CCOL:
- Best Buy Student Challenge: Students who complete a series of online tech-based learning activities in gaming, graphic design, music and photography will be entered into a raffle to win prizes donated by Best Buy. It is open to any student in the Chicago area and surrounding suburbs.
- Best Buy School Challenge: One Chicago Public elementary school and one high school with the highest percentage of students who register online to participate in CCOL win a Geek Squad Academy.
Click here for more information on Chicago City of Learning.
Best Buy GRAMMY Camp® Weekend – Dec. 6, 2014 at DePaul University
Best Buy and the GRAMMY Foundation® are hosting a one-day camp for girls ages 15 to 18 to learn about music mixing and production and how to have a career in the music industry. Click here for more information.
Hour of Code – Dec. 8, 2014 at the Little Black Pearl Art and
As a part of National Computer Science Education Week, Best Buy and Geek Squad will offer a one-hour introduction to computer science that’s designed to demystify coding and show that anybody can learn the basics of programming. Click here for more information on National Computer Science Education Week’s Hour of Code.
Best Buy St. Jude Radiothon – Dec. 10 & 11, 2014 at Best Buy
located in the John Hancock Center on Michigan Avenue
Best Buy is once again supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. From 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Dec. 10 and 11, WUSN FM 99.5 radio and Best Buy employees will be accepting donations from Chicago area residents to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital at the Best Buy store located in the John Hancock Center. Click here for more information on St. Jude.
Best Buy Teen Tech Center
The Best Buy Teen Tech Center is an ongoing program at the Little Black Pearl Art and Design Center giving teens the opportunity to explore technology and build 21st century skills. The free afterschool program features classes about programming, robotics, music mixing, filmmaking, and more.
Media are welcome to attend any of these events and can set up store tours to visit the new Best Buy in Chicago. To learn more about Best Buy’s community relations, visit Best Buy’s corporate website.