RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In the lead up to Small Business Saturday, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced today the winners of the Samsung Small Business ReDESIGN contest. The five winners – ranging from a veteran-owned dessert café in San Diego and a Boys and Girls Club, to a historic vaudeville theatre, a yoga studio and a pet grooming salon – each receive a Samsung Smart Signage TV (SSTV) and digital signage consultation.
“We have been hugely impressed by the way the small business community embraced the opportunities of smart signage, and with the thoughtful and creative entries we received to the Samsung Small Business ReDESIGN,” said Thomas Evans, director of display solutions at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “Small businesses need every advantage that they can get to compete and, as this initiative shows, they clearly recognize the value of smart signage in providing a powerful new tool to enhance communications and showcase their brand to customers.”
Selected from among the nearly 500 small businesses across the country that entered the Small Business ReDESIGN contest, the five winners are:
- Heaven Sent Desserts, a veteran-owned dessert bakery and high-end cake shop in San Diego, California. Owner Lachlan Oliver was looking for a way to advertise Heaven Sent’s seasonal specials, custom cakes and catering services, as well as share video clips of their cake competition successes. As the bakery that created the extraordinary birthday cake for pop-superstar Beyonce, Oliver is thrilled to finally have a way to proudly show his creative work. Watch this video to hear how Heaven Sent Desserts is utilizing its Samsung SSTV.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Harlem, New York. Interim Executive Director Edith Massiah knows the importance of sharing up-to-date event information and community volunteer opportunities to every person who walks through the door. “Winning this digital signage is a game changer for us,” said Massiah. “Many of the parents with children in our program do not have a computer at home to receive emails on Boys and Girls Club news, programs or schedule changes. The Samsung SSTV creates a seamless way to highlight these new programs, spread the word about volunteer opportunities and communicate club happenings with our members.”
- Paws on Main of Nyack, New York, a pet food and accessory retailer, and dog grooming salon. A new business owner, Jessica Walsh yearned for a creative way to display her unique dog grooming expertise, promote the local pet food items she sells and spread the word about community deals and events. The SSTV allows her to display shop specials and showcases her talents in the art of grooming to build her growing reputation as a local pet stylist. Check out this footage of the SSTV in action at Paw’s on Main of Nyack.
- The Empress Theatre, a 102-year-old Historic Vaudeville Theatre in heart of the arts and entertainment District of Vallejo, California. Tim MacDonald, president of the Vallejo Community Arts Foundation that manages the Empress Theatre, plans to leverage the Smart Signage TV to highlight upcoming shows, recognize sponsors and cross-promote with the other local businesses. “We’re excited to have a dynamic way to show our guests the role we play in the community and also raise awareness for some of the services we offer that they may not be aware of, like our show packages and private events. Smart Signage TV will also allow us to showcase what is happening inside the theatre while wrapping around information on our sponsors and other local businesses,” said MacDonald.
- Hosh Yoga, a non-profit wellness studio in Brooklyn, New York, committed to making people's lives better through yoga. With over 12,000 visitors to the studio yearly, co-director Henry Cross wants his customers to know exactly what their donations help fund. The Smart Signage TV will provide a snapshot of all the programs throughout the NYC community, reaching over 2,800 adults, children, and seniors every month, as well as Hosh Yoga’s philosophy that health and wellness are a right, not a luxury. Watch this video of Hosh Yoga’s Smart Signage RedeSIGN.
SSTV is Samsung’s new, easy-to-deploy digital signage solution designed to help small business owners better communicate with customers and increase awareness of deals and other special offers. Samsung SSTV is available at an MSRP of $749 for the 40-inch model and $999 for the 48-inch model through major club and electronics retailers, as well as select reseller partners. For more information about Samsung Smart Signage TV, visit samsung.com/sstv.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together — to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business., call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.