REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Friendly faces from the Nintendo family, including Mario, Luigi and Pikachu, will deliver an unexpected shot of joy to the holiday shopping season. From Nov. 24 through Dec. 21, Nintendo will visit 16 malls across the country to offer holiday shoppers a great escape featuring hands-on play time with the season’s must-have games for Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 2DS. Visitors can even check out amiibo, Nintendo’s new foray in the toys-to-life category, which are based on some of its most recognizable video game characters.
A fun, interactive space tailored to kids – and kids-at-heart – will feature many Nintendo games, including a Mario Kart 8 tournament played on a large, high-definition display. Visitors can also battle it out in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Additionally, free giveaways, including the Nintendo Holiday Gift Guides, will be available to consumers, while supplies last.
For Nintendo 3DS, fans can expect to see Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Mario Kart 7, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Tomodachi Life, Yoshi’s New Island and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.
Join the fun of Nintendo’s holiday shopping experience at the following locations:
- Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, Kansas
- Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale, Arizona
- Queens Center in Elmhurst, New York
- Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia
- Washington Square in Portland, Oregon
- Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Memorial City Mall at Memorial City in Houston
- The Florida Mall in Orlando, Florida
- Grapevine Mills in Grapevine, Texas
- King of Prussia in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Massachusetts
- Woodfield Mall in Schaumberg, Illinois
- Westfield North County in Escondido, California
- Westfield Southcenter in Seattle
- Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, California
- Westfield Culver City in Culver City, California
The Holiday Gift Guide can also be found online at http://happyholidays.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or email@example.com. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.