AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dropoff, Inc. (www.dropoff.com) is launching today to modernize the same-day delivery experience for businesses. By utilizing Dropoff, businesses will now be able to better manage their same-day delivery needs with easy online ordering, transparent pricing, real-time tracking, accurate ETAs for pickups and deliveries, email confirmations and driver ratings. Today, Dropoff will introduce services in Austin, TX for industries including but not limited to healthcare, food and grocery, business services, hospitality and retail. Additional metropolitan areas to follow in early 2015.
“The idea for Dropoff was born from a personally frustrating experience I had with a local courier,” said Sean Spector, CEO and co-founder of Dropoff. “I found the overall level of service lacking. Surprisingly, few couriers provided delivery confirmations and virtually none offered real-time package tracking -- best practices already utilized by other industries. We founded Dropoff to elevate same-day delivery so businesses can focus on serving their customers, instead of worrying about how their packages are getting from Point A to Point B.”
In May 2014, Dropoff closed a $1.85 million seed round, with institutional investors including Austin Ventures’ early stage team, Silverton Partners, TechStars/Bullet Time Ventures and Mucker Capital, as well as prominent angel investors from Austin, Los Angeles and Silicon Valley.
Here’s how Dropoff works:
- Customers submit a Dropoff request at Dropoff.com via their desktop or mobile phone and are able to immediately see clear and upfront pricing.
- A nearby thoroughly screened and insured Dropoff Agent, with the proprietary mobile app designed for easily managing their daily workflow, accepts the request and heads to the pickup destination.
- Once accepted, the Dropoff Agent picks up the customers’ items within minutes and transports the delivery to the appointed destination.
- While en route, customers are able to view the exact location and status of their delivery at any time at Dropoff.com.
- Customers receive confirmations throughout the process, including signature verification, and have the ability to rate and review the experience afterwards in order to maintain the highest quality.
Unlike many other one-off courier companies, Dropoff's Agents are uniformed for easy identification, and the company has four levels of insurance for added protection. With bikes, cars, trucks and vans, Dropoff can deliver anything from a letter to catering for 200 people to a 500 pound pallet. Dropoffs originating in Austin can be delivered as far as Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. Online and phone support makes it easy for customers to contact Dropoff with any questions they may have.
To get started, visit www.dropoff.com or call (844) 4-DROPOFF.
Dropoff is modernizing courier and same-day delivery by providing its business customers a superior experience built on unmatched reliability, convenience and service, all powered by a proprietary technology platform. Dropoff offers easy online ordering, transparent pricing, real-time tracking, accurate ETAs for pickups and deliveries, email confirmations and driver ratings. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Dropoff was launched in May 2014 by a seasoned management team including Sean Spector (co-founder/SVP, Gamefly), Christian Carollo (former Head of Mobile and Cloud Development, Gamefly), Ted Hong (former CMO, Fandango) and Jason Klann (former SVP, Business Development & Strategy, Schneider Electric).