DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wwpsxm/major_depressive) has announced the addition of the "Major Depressive Disorder Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2020" report to their offering.
The global market for Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) therapeutics was valued at $8.7 billion in 2013, and several key patent expiries will cause it to decline at a negative Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4% to $7.4 billion by 2017.
The decline is due to key patent expiries of blockbuster drugs such as Lexapro, Cymbalta, Abilify, and Seroquel XR during the forecast period. The expected launch of few promising pipeline molecules such as brexpiprazole, cariprazine, ALKS-5461, GLYX-13 is likely to offset the key patent expiries. Recently launched Brintellix which has a novel multimodal mechanism of action and is the only drug which can provide improvements in cognitive function is expected to lead the market by the end of forecasting period.
New drug launches after 2017 will reinvigorate the market, which will increase at a CAGR of 3.5% to $8.1 billion by 2020.
- A brief introduction to MDD, including the disease's pathophysiology, etiology, diagnosis and treatment algorithms.
- In-depth analysis of currently marketed drugs for MDD, including analysis of their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns and strengths/weaknesses. Including a heat map comparing the drugs in terms of safety and efficacy.
- A comprehensive review of the pipeline for MDD, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule types, program types, mechanisms of action and molecular targets.
- Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate for each molecule type.
- Multi-scenario forecast data of the market to 2020, taking into account how the market may be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs and the changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets.
- Discussion of the drivers and barriers for market growth.
- In-depth analysis of all licensing and co-development deals that have occurred in the MDD market since 2006.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Marketed Products
- Lexapro/Cipralex (escitalopram) - Lundbeck/Forest Laboratories
- Viibryd (vilazodone) - Forest (Actavis)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine) - Eli Lilly
- Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) - Pfizer
- Seroquel XR (quetiapine) - AstraZeneca
- Brintellix (vortioxetine) - Takeda and Lundbeck
- Abilify (aripiprazole) - Otsuka
Comparative Efficacy and Safety
4 Major Depressive Disorder Market to 2020 - Pipeline Products
Pipeline Analysis by Molecule Type
Pipeline Analysis by Mechanism of Action
- Failure Rate
- Patient Enrollment and Clinical Trial Size
Promising Drug Candidates in the Pipeline
- OPC-34712 (brexpiprazole) - Otsuka and Lundbeck
- ALKS-5461 - Alkermes
- Amitifadine (EB-1010) - Euthymics Bioscience
5 Market Forecast to 2020
Drivers and Barriers
6 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
Major Licensing Deals
- Ranbaxy Pharma Enters into Licensing Agreement with Alembic Pharma for desvenlafaxine Base Extended-Release Tablets
- Forest Labs Enters into Licensing Agreement with Moksha8 for Viibryd
- AstraZeneca Enters into Collaboration and Licensing Agreement with Targacept
- Impax Labs Enters into Licensing Agreement with Wyeth
Major Co-development Deals
- Lundbeck Enters into Co-Development Agreement with Otsuka Pharma
- Azaya Lundbeck Enters into Co-Development Agreement with Takeda
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wwpsxm/major_depressive