DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h9vk5j/personal_accident) has announced the addition of the "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The personal accident and health segment generated the least gross written premium in the Austrian insurance industry in 2013. Health insurance was the segment's largest category during the review period (2009-2013). The country's robust social security system provides healthcare cover for 99% of the population, offering little scope for private health insurance. Tax exemptions, coverage of diseases not covered by the social security system, and alternative treatment options including dental care and psychotherapy encourage Austrians to purchase private health insurance.
Despite being the smallest segment, personal accident and health insurance registered the fastest growth, with a review-period CAGR of 3.7%, mainly due to rising government healthcare expenditure. The segment also benefited from an increasing number of outbound passengers due to the country's improved commercial relationships with leading world economies. This enabled the travel insurance category to record stable growth during the review period. The personal accident and health segment is expected to continue its rapid growth over the forecast period (2013-2018), despite the country's strong statutory healthcare scheme and difficult business conditions. The segment's written premium value is expected to increase at a forecast-period CAGR of 4.0%.
- The Austrian personal accident and health segment ranked 22nd in the world in 2012.
- The personal accident and health segment accounted for the lowest market share, with 16.8% of the Austrian insurance industry.
- The health insurance category accounted for 65.1% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013.
- The social security system discourages investments in private healthcare insurance products, however, the government encourages citizens to purchase private health insurance through tax exemptions.
- The personal accident insurance category grew in written premium value at a review-period CAGR of 4.1%, and is expected to increase at a forecast-period CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Austrian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
5 Analysis by Distribution Channel
6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Austrian Personal Accident and Health Insurance
7 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
8 Governance, Risk and Compliance
9 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
10 Business Environment and Country Risk
- Allianz Elementar Versicherungs-AG
- Donau Versicherung AG
- Generali Versicherung AG
- Merkur Versicherung AG
- Raiffeisen Versicherung AG
- Sparkassen Versicherung AG
- Uniqa Österreich Versicherungen AG
- Wiener Stadtische Versicherung AG
- Wüstenrot Versicherungs AG
- Zürich Versicherungs AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h9vk5j/personal_accident