OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mutual of Omaha’s mpower360, a comprehensive platform that empowers consumers to manage their health care, has been recognized by The Institute of Health Care Consumerism as a 2014 Health Care Innovator award winner.
In bestowing the award, the organization noted, “The Institute of Health Care Consumerism is continuing its tradition of recognizing and honoring the forward-thinking individuals, innovative solution providers and exceptional organizations that are making a difference in our workplaces and health care system by moving the health care consumerism mega-trend forward.”
Mpower360 incorporates the best of today’s health cost and quality transparency tools and distributes proactive savings alerts on prescriptions, medical and dental services directly to employees.
Mpower360 also provides:
- Market-level pricing based on past claims data
- Non-biased care quality information
- World-class health advocacy services to reduce misdiagnosis and unnecessary tests and prescriptions
- Direct contact with Centers for Excellence that focus on costs and quality associated with major planned surgeries (i.e. joint replacements, spinal fusions and heart surgery)
- Awareness and engagement strategy for employees built around behavioral science and social analytics
- Reduced costs associated with ASO payment errors thanks to medical claims data dating back several years
“Despite changes in plan designs and the implementation of health management programs, many employers are still struggling with the burden of increasing health costs,” said Senior Vice President Scott Ault, Mutual of Omaha’s Benefits Solutions Division. “Our goal with mpower360 is to help consumers better manage healthcare costs, while experiencing the highest quality of care.”
For more information on mpower360, visit www.mpower360.com.
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. For more information about Mutual of Omaha, visit www.mutualofomaha.com.