TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carter Validus today issued the following statement regarding its sponsored non-traded REITs, Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT, Inc. (“CVMCR”) and Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT II, Inc. (“CVMCR II”) (collectively, the "Carter Validus REITs"):
- The board of directors of each of the Carter Validus REITs is comprised of a majority of independent directors, with additional oversight of the financial statements provided by an audit committee comprised solely of independent directors.
- KPMG serves as the independent auditor of each of the Carter Validus REITs.
- The Carter Validus REITs are supported by a dedicated financial accounting and reporting team comprised solely of Carter Validus employees and Carter Validus maintains its own financial reporting practices with respect to the Carter Validus REITs.
- Each of the Carter Validus REITs, their sponsors, and advisors are independently run and managed.
- No employees or affiliated personnel of SC Distributors, LLC (“SCD”), Strategic Capital Advisory Services Company (“SCAS”), RCS Capital Corporation (“RCAP”), or RCAP-affiliated entities serve as executive officers, directors, trustees or general partners in CVMCR II or Carter Validus REIT Management Company II (CVMCR II’s sponsor).
- Neither SCD nor SCAS exercise control or influence over our investment, asset management or accounting functions, or any other aspect of our management or operations.
- The Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of each of the Carter Validus REITs, Todd M. Sakow, has had a significant tenure with Carter Validus since 2010. Mr. Sakow currently serves as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Carter Validus Advisors, LLC and Carter Validus Advisors II, LLC, as well as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT, Inc. and Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT II, Inc.
About Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT II, Inc.
Carter Validus Mission Critical REIT II, Inc. (“CVMCR II”) is a public, non-traded real estate investment trust (REIT). CVMCR II intends to acquire mission critical real estate assets located throughout the United States and abroad. Mission critical real estate assets are purpose-built facilities designed to support the most essential operations of tenants. CVMCR II will focus its acquisitions of mission critical assets in the data centers and healthcare sectors.
More information about Carter Validus can be found its website – www.cartervalidus.com.