DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cdcrjz/the_global) has announced the addition of the "The Global Full-Service Airline Market to 2018" report to their offering.
Despite growth in the market shares of low-cost carriers (LCCs), full-service airlines posted strong growth during the review period. With the exception of Japan, the world's 10 leading full-service airline markets posted strong growth: the US posted a CAGR of 7.23%, while Russia rose by 28.39%. Both China and the UAE expanded by 18.31%, while Singapore recorded a growth of 10.34%. Key markets in Europe recorded moderate growth due to the eurozone crisis, while Japan and more developed economies in Europe such as Spain were the worst affected by LCCs.
- More than US$40 billion in ancillary fees (or fees from non-ticket sources) was collected worldwide in 2013. Full-service airlines recorded US$15.1 billion in ancillary revenue in 2013, an increase of 18.0% over 2012.
- Leading European full-service airlines which were badly hit by the region's poor economic conditions showed signs of improvement in 2013. Air France-KLM, which registered operating losses of US$482.0 million in 2012, recorded operating profits of US$180.2 million in 2013. From a loss of US$31.4 million in 2012, International Airlines Group (IAG) recorded profit of US$1.1 billion in 2013. These encouraging results are primarily due to their cost-cutting efforts and the restructuring of flight operations to focus on important international routes.
- Rising demand for air travel will primarily drive the growth of full-service airlines in the Middle East. Central hubs of the region facilitate airlines to serve several routes that have inadequate traffic. Alliances and equity stakes in carriers from neighboring regions will nourish the region's hubs. Etihad acquired a 49% stake in Alitalia in 2014, Emirates formed an alliance with Qantas in 2012, Etihad signed a codeshare agreement with Air France-KLM Group and Air Berlin in 2012 and Qatar Airways joined the oneworld alliance in 2013.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Global Full-Service Airlines Market - Key Trends and Issues
2 Global Full-Service Airlines - Mergers and Acquisitions
3 Global Full-Service Airline Key Performance Indicators - The Americas
4 Global Full-Service Airline Key Performance Indicators - Asia-Pacific
5 Global Full-Service Airline Key Performance Indicators - Europe
6 Global Full-Service Airline Key Performance Indicators - The Middle East and Africa
7 Global Full-Service Airline Profiles
- Air France-KLM
- All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd
- British Airways Plc
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
- China Southern Airlines Company Ltd
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG
- Qantas Airways Ltd
- South African Airways SOC Ltd
- The Emirates Group
- United Continental Holdings, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cdcrjz/the_global