WILTON, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SiriusDecisions, the leading global business-to-business (b-to-b) research and advisory firm, today announced the launch of its new SiriusView: Social Media Intelligence 2015 report, a cutting-edge report comparing leading vendors within the b-to-b social media intelligence (SMI) space.
As the number of social media sites and user adoption has exploded over the years, social media intelligence tools are becoming a key enabler for businesses looking to exploit the potential value of social media. These tools help automate the monitoring and analysis of social media data, while providing workflow and response management capabilities.
But, b-to-b organizations are still not confident in the SMI tools available to them and don’t feel well-equipped to make sense of the social signals that buyers, customers, influencers, and even competitors are putting out over social media. SiriusDecisions has found that while 60 percent of b-to-b organizations have a paid social media intelligence tool in place, 30 percent are actively seeking alternative options. Other key statistics regarding social media intelligence include:
- Only 15 percent of businesses feel confident that they are using their social media intelligence tools optimally
- 95 percent of businesses have corporate social media accounts, but only 10 percent feel they are able to articulate the business value of social execution
- 98 percent are using the tool to monitor their brand in the marketplace, but only 13 percent are using the tool to gather competitive and market intelligence
- Just 25 percent of companies are using the tool for measurement purposes
The ability to integrate social media intelligence with other contact and account data will be a key differentiator for b-to-b organizations now and in the future. SiriusDecisions provides a technology and market overview within the report to define what customers should consider when evaluating SMI solutions. The report also recognizes the key trends that are impacting the SMI marketplace, including:
- Social media functionalities merging into suites. SMI is being transformed by multiple acquisitions and consolidations within the market.
- The value of social intelligence outside marketing. SMI tools are being used in multiple business units across enterprises and they are increasingly being used outside of the marketing organization, for example, in sales organizations.
- Lack of aligned targeting and segmentation. A lack of agreement as to who the target audiences are across product, marketing and sale renders the SMI tool substantially less valuable.
- Buying signals. Some SMI vendors are increasing the connection between social media and the buying process by detecting buying signals associated with buyer behaviors.
“Selecting the right tool for your enterprise’s social intelligence needs is critical to unlock the business value of social activities by accessing, integrating and analyzing social data,” said Jacques Begin, Research Analyst, Technology, SiriusDecisions. “With the right social media intelligence tools in place, guesswork and assumptions can be replaced by data-driven decision-making. Our research shows that there is a need for improved social media intelligence tools and alignment across the organization.”
- Click here to learn more about SiriusDecisions signature models and frameworks.
- Connect with SiriusDecisions on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
SiriusDecisions, Social Media, Social Media Intelligence Report, Social Media Intelligence, SMI, Alignment, Marketing, Sales, Product Management, SiriusView, SiriusView: Social Media Intelligence 2015
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance.
For more information, visit www.siriusdecisions.com.