BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Visible Measures, the leader in Content Advertising, today announced the release of its Q3 2014 Branded Video Report, which revealed that audiences watched branded video more than 2.9 billion times, resulting in the highest single quarter of viewership that the company has recorded.
While continued interest in World Cup campaigns aided viewership during the quarter, this record-breaking number is predominantly a product of high viewership around electronics campaigns and, in particular, September smartphone campaigns by Samsung and Apple.
Overall, branded video viewership increased by three percent over Q2 2014, when the World Cup, the biggest video event of all time, took place. Campaigns created by electronics brands drove nearly 484 million views, or 16 percent of the quarter’s total views. The activity amongst those electronics brands helped total branded video viewership increase by more than 73 percent over Q3 of last year.
“Apple’s annual product reveal, and other brands’ quest to capitalize on that buzz, has transformed September into a month-long advertising event for smartphone makers,” said Brian Shin, CEO and Founder of Visible Measures. “The growth of viewership year after year during this quarter is a testament to the importance of video as a tool for electronics brands in launching new products and challenging their competitors.”
Some of the details from Visible Measures’ Q3 2014 Branded Video Report include:
Top 5 Campaigns
1. Samsung’s “Official Introduction”: True Reach® of 49,386,410 views
2. Always’ “#LikeaGirl”: True Reach of 42,328,599 views
3. Visa’s “Checkout”: True Reach of 31,334,569 views
4. Nike’s “The Last Game”: True Reach of 30,829,255 views
5. Samsung’s “Milk Music: A New Way to Discover Music”: True Reach of 29,534,379 views
Top 5 Brands
1. Samsung: True Reach of 257,455,675 views
2. Nike: True Reach of 116,067,402 views
3. Google: True Reach of 95,446,042 views
4. Adidas: True Reach of 73,127,214 views
5. Apple: True Reach of 51,342,988 views
Top 5 Agencies
1. Wieden + Kennedy Portland: True Reach of 89,562,992 views
2. 72andSunny Los Angeles: True Reach of 87,212,635 views
3. BBDO New York: True Reach of 61,663,181 views
4. TBWA/Media Arts Lab: True Reach of 48,649,041 views
5. Leo Burnett Chicago: True Reach of 42,521,666 views
Top 5 Verticals
1. Electronics: True Reach of 482,804,146 views
2. Health & Beauty: True Reach of 328,405,533 views
3. Apparel & Accessories: True Reach of 252,672,495 views
4. Automotive: True Reach of 231,792,300 views
5. Alcoholic Beverages: True Reach of 208,737,892 views
In this quarterly report, Visible Measures looked at the most watched campaigns, brands, creative agencies, and industries in branded video. The data provided in this report is based on Visible Measures’ Share of Choice® Q3 2014 reporting, a competitive analysis of brand performance in branded video. Share of Choice reveals the brands consumers choose to watch most in an industry.
All campaigns in this report are measured using the True Reach metric – renowned as the gold standard of online video viewership measurement and used by Ad Age, The Wall Street Journal, leading brands, advertising agencies, and publishers. It provides the most accurate and reliable way to quantify views associated with viral videos by measuring the viewership of brand-syndicated videos, as well as associated user-uploaded copies and derivatives, across hundreds of the web’s most visited video sites.
To download the full report, please visit www.visiblemeasures.com/research.
About Visible Measures
Visible Measures is the leader in Content Advertising. Long considered the most trusted source for data and insights on video content advertising, Visible Measures provides an end-to-end solution for capturing consumer attention programmatically through video and native media. Visible Measures works with hundreds of global brands, agencies, trading desks, and publisher clients, which include Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Nestlé, VivaKi, and Condé Nast. Visit us online at http://www.visiblemeasures.com or follow us on Twitter @Visiblemeasures.
True Reach and the Visible Measures logo are service marks owned by Visible Measures Corp. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.